PDA

View Full Version : Presenting Flights to UK Immigration

speedbird_481_papa
3rd Jun 2012, 10:44
Hello all!!

Do any fellow Ground Handlers at the airports of the UK present their international flights to the UKBA? At my airport we HAVE to otherwise we get penalized by the airport authorities. But we take it in turns between Menzies and Servisair during the summer.

Does anyone else present flights to the UKBA? Also if you do how does it work at your airport? Am just intreagued to find out! Is there some hidden legal requirement to present flights?

If anyone knows I will be greatfull.

Many thanks in advance

Speedbird

cleo
3rd Jun 2012, 11:27
Try here for general information :

UK Border Agency | Customs and travel information (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/)

Your local UKBA office will explain their procedures in detail if you ask. The Home Office makes the rules - not your local airport.

groundagent
6th Jun 2012, 05:39
Does anyone else present flights to the UKBA? Also if you do how does it work at your airport? Am just intreagued to find out! Is there some hidden legal requirement to present flights?

From memory, there is a legal requirement for the commander of the aircraft to "present" the passengers he has brought in to the UK to the UKBA (previously immigration). The commander is able to delagate this authority to a third party (this would be the handling agent which in your case local agreement has been reached with handlers and airport authority to ensure all flights presented irrespective of handling contract). In larger airports you may find this service is incorporated in to the airport fees and provided by an independant company.

I believe if there is no one to "present" passengers to the UKBA, and they want to stick to their protocol, they could insist that the commander of the aircraft comes and "presents" his passengers to them in the absence of someone nominated to do it on his behalf.

GA

irishlad06
8th Jun 2012, 00:06
This happens in the us also though, when flights land a GenDec has to be brought to customs and immigration officials office by the handler within one hour of arrival for the paperwork to be processed, it contains information such as crew names as they are not required to have a visa for their overnight stay, incoming cargo etc and what it is and any other special info such as AVF travelling.

PBO
4th Jul 2012, 20:44
Ah, many an hour spent in a roasting hot cattle shed saying 'number 1 please', 'number 3 please', 'if you're travelling together stay together' etc etc etc

speedbird_481_papa
6th Jul 2012, 17:57
hahaha yes that sounds very farmilliar PBO!!! very much like my airport!

Thank-you all very much for the replies though. esp to ground agent whos explanation is spot on! I checked this with UKBA at work today and that is certainly the case.

but thanks all of you!:D

Kind Regards

Speedbird