PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Cornwall

6UP
1st Jun 2012, 19:59
Hi all,

Im lucky enough to have a weeks holiday in cornwall next week and would love to do an hour or twos flying while I'm there.

I have a nppl ssea with taildragger conversion and smlg.

Does anyone know of a decent school offering lessons or even someone who might be willing to cost share and hour or two in their machine? Im fairly close to truro,lands end and perrenporth, but would be happy to travel upto bodmin if something became available.

Many thanks in advance for any replies

6up

rgsaero
2nd Jun 2012, 06:49
Perranporth Flying Club has a 152 and three 172s available and at least two instructors. Great coastal flying and sometimes the opportunity to spot basking sharks!

Give them a call on 01872 552266!

captain_flynn
2nd Jun 2012, 19:29
When did Perranporth flying club start using the C152? I left there in 2007 and moved to Milton Keynes so i'm not too familiar with what goes on there nowadays. When I was there they had 3 C172's and a PA28.
I do recommend Perranporth on previous experience, they are a good flying school.

drizzle
2nd Jun 2012, 19:54

When Plymouth Airport closed in November, the flying school relocated to Newquay Airport (previously St Mawgan) and was renamed Flynqy Pilot Training.

It offers PPL/CPL SEP IR etc

Flynqy also take PPR and landing fees on behalf of the airport and can supplies fuel (currently £2.05 inc vat)

Flynqy.co.uk

rgsaero
3rd Jun 2012, 07:23
Capt Flynn asks "When did Perranporth flying club start using the C152?".

I was wrong - it's a C150 and it arrived on 28th August 2010, and around that time the PA28 went into private group ownership.

pcnut
3rd Jun 2012, 07:57
Fly Cornwall operates from a choice of locations throughout Cornwall, using a C152.

Really friendly and accommodating, and very reasonably priced. I've met a couple of the instructors and they were great. Simon Hurley, the CFI, used to instruct at Bodmin - brilliant guy.

Fly Cornwall (http://www.flycornwall.org)

07946 733000

captain_flynn
3rd Jun 2012, 23:18
rgsaero, thats interesting! Many thanks for that information.