30th May 2012, 14:57
I have FAA CPL and i wanted to convert the the FAA to a canadian CPL + RTR(A). Could someone please help answer my questions
1) Done my Canadian Medical..How long does the file number take to be generated??
2) After that when I fill in the FAA verification from, how long does that take to be processed
3) Do i need to wait for point 2 to be completed to go to canada and write the papers for conversion?
4) How long does the Canadian CPL+RTR(A) take to come to the indian address
5) How long does WPC take to issue the RTR(p)
30th May 2012, 15:33
please spare time to use the search engine here.
30th May 2012, 16:44
thanks for the advice, and I did, just the timelines wernt there!
30th May 2012, 22:39
1. The Canadian medical will take about 4-5 weeks...
2.& 3. You don't need to fill in the verification form before you sit for the exams. According to the officials at TC, they don't process anything until you've given and passed the exams. So, have the forms filled up and ready when you go for the exams. This was the case up till Nov/Dec 2011, don't think anything has changed.
But you can always call up their office's and confirm with them.. they are very helpful.
The Canadian RT can happen at any flying school authorized to conduct the exam but the other conversion exams like the FAAIA and the FAACA need to happen at a TC office.. all that info is available at their website. The flight schools are generally cool with walk-in's for the RT but you need to have an appointment at the TC office for the others. Have all your documents/logbooks ready with you when you go for that appointment.
4. The CPL takes about 4-6 weeks to come to an Indian address. The RT, however, will NOT be sent to an address outside Canada. You will need to find a local address there or have it sent to the flight school where you took the exam and request them to forward it to you. It takes about 10-15 days.
5. The WPC is a joke... :mad: There are no timelines where they are concerned. That said, the sooner you submit everything the better.
Hope this helps...
31st May 2012, 00:53
How about you? Not only did you fail to use the search feature, but to complicate matters more; you posted in the wrong section. I suspect that you would have gotten more info from the Americas section.