PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Examiner sign revalidation page

L'aviateur
29th May 2012, 12:00
I've been in a country where private aviation is illegal for the last 6 months, and am now in Spain and want to revalidate my license. I missed the two years revalidation point, so need to do an LST.
I visited a flying club (Muchamiel/Mutxamel (LEMU)), where they are keen to let me fly, but the Examiner is unsure if he can sign off my revalidation page.
I hold a JAR license issued in the UK.

F1.6 Renewal of SEP (Land) and TMG Class Ratings

ii. Complete the Skill Test in accordance with Appendices 1 & 3 to JAR-FCL 1.240 with a JAR Authorised Examiner

iv. A UK Authorised Examiner can sign the Certificate of Revalidation page (FCL150CJAR) within a UK national pilot's licence. An Examiner qualified in accordance with JAR-FCL (in any fully compliant JAA Member State) can sign a Certificate of Revalidation page within a JAR-FCL license issued by the UK. The LST/LPC form, completed as a renewal, should be sent to CAA PLD.

So can this JAA Examiner do my LST? Does he just sign SRG 1119? Do you reckon it's worth me printing the relevent section of Lasors and SRG1119 and asking him again? What about SRG 1157 would he need to complete that?

BackPacker
29th May 2012, 13:09
Yes, if he is an authorized examiner for whatever you are being examined in, under JAR-FCL, he can sign all the required paperwork. 1119 being the most important, but also the revalidation page in your license.

When you send the lot to Gatwick, make sure to include a copy of the examiners license and authorization, so that the CAA knows it's legit. After all, they won't have any records of that examiner.

I have a UK issued license too, but do all my revals with Dutch instructors and examiners. I always send a copy of their paperwork along and so far the CAA has issued me with all required paperwork without fail and without comment.

L'aviateur
29th May 2012, 17:46
Thanks for the reply, that makes me a little more confident. I met a different examiner today, who flew with me, and said the same as you. So I'll hopefully do the revalidation LST this week.
So once the 1119 has been sent off, do I need to wait for anything back from the CAA before I can fly again since I've overun the 2 years, or once he's signed the revalidation page and i've sent off the paperwork I'm good to go?

Thanks

BackPacker
29th May 2012, 18:02
You would need to look that up in LASORS. I think you're fine once the paperwork in your license has been signed, but I'm not sure.

I think the time when you need to wait for the paperwork from Gatwick to return is only when your SEP runs out by over five years.

XLC
30th May 2012, 00:12
The proficiency check-ride can indeed be done by any legal instructor of JAA land, but was recommended that the examiner's signature on the certificate of revalidation to be one of a UK's examiner. This because of issues w/ the background check of the examiner certifications.
It seems Backpacker that you had no such issues.

BackPacker
30th May 2012, 07:05
I'm not quite sure anymore, but I think I called PLD about this, the first time it came up for me. They recommended the "make a copy of his authorizations" thing.