PDA

View Full Version : Best route from Le Touquet to Grimaud?

Milorotor
29th May 2012, 09:49
Anyone have a recommended tried and trusted route for an R44 routing from Le Touquet to Grimaud including best refuelling locations please.

FLY 7
2nd Jun 2012, 09:27
Would also be interested in the answer to this question.

Is Grimaud heliport open to private GA movements? I thought it was Heli Securite's base.

And, once you get there, how much freedom do you have to fly where you like in the area? I read that there were quite a lot of restrictions affecting the movement of helicopters in the Saint Tropez area.

Ready2Fly
5th Jun 2012, 10:09
I did check Grimaud back in 2010 but with no luck (actually we were 4 helicopters).

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/VAC%20HELISTATIONS/AD/3/1207_AD-3.HGRI.pdf

Only one stand is available for non home based helicopter.
Stand duration is restricted to passenger boarding and
deplaning or refueling.

FLY 7
5th Jun 2012, 10:40
Would La Mole, just up the road, not be an alternative?

Ready2Fly
5th Jun 2012, 11:01
That was what i ended up planning with (we had to cancel the whole trip due to weather). Be prepared to have deep pockets for landing and especially parking fees in La Mole in case you stay overnight.

RVDT
5th Jun 2012, 11:19
Grimaud is definitely as quoted. (Noise issues etc etc)

Daniel at Heli Securité is definitely very cautious about people operating in there lest you upset the locals and parking is non existent.

La Mole is pretty friendly and if you are in a helicopter there is no issue with getting checked out previously as per the FW folk.

There is plenty of parking on the south side on the grass away from the FW brethren.

Observe the requirements for noise - stay well clear of Cogolin and Grimaud townships!

Be careful when arriving that you do not get run over by a fixed wing. The airfield is in a valley and one way in and out for fixed wings. Hence from "Echo Mike" VRP stay a little to the south of the centre line.

If you call ahead there are rental cars available and the AD operator are more than helpful.

S.A Aéroport du Golfe de Saint-Tropez
RD 98 - 83310 LA MOLE
HOR : 0600-SS :
TEL : 04 94 54 76 40 - FAX (ops) : 04 94 49 57 71 .
E-mail : [email protected]

Nearly within walking distance is L'Auberge de la Mole (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1021503-d1153160-Reviews-L_Auberge_de_la_Mole-La_Mole_Var_Provence.html) You may be surprised who you see here!

In the opposite direction on the left on the way into town is Le Magnan (http://www.lemagnan.fr/)

As usual St Trop in the summer is a bunfight! Everybody has deep pockets there!

If you venture towards Cannes, Nice etc you need eyes like a hawk for helicopter and FW traffic along the coast. It is busy!

How to get there? Just basically avoid Paris!

Oogle
6th Jun 2012, 04:04
Best route?

Try Le Touquet to Nevers (LFQG - refuel) - Le Castellet (LFMQ - refuel) then on to La Mole.

I did this regularly in an AS355N with full tanks so range wasn't so much an issue. Le Castellet is great. Daniel (not the same person) was a great help as well.

Totally agree with RVDT. Be careful around La Mole and the French Riviera in summer as there are helicopters and FW everywhere.