PDA

View Full Version : Twin prop commuter low flying Guildford

HeliRoute
28th May 2012, 20:38
Hi All,

Did anyone else see the twin prop commuter plane over Guildford today?

At about 11:00 hours today, a twin prop (don't ask me what I only really know rotary types) flew over Guildford between 400 and 200 feet, repeatedly banking steeply and at one point dived toward Compton/A3.
Landing gear was down. The aircraft made several circuits around Guildford and at one point I wondered if they were in trouble because of the erratic flying.

Did anyone witness this?

RoyHudd
28th May 2012, 21:16
Didn't see it myself.

5milesbaby
28th May 2012, 22:04
Police Islander?

DaveReidUK
29th May 2012, 06:07
Did anyone else see the twin prop commuter plane over Guildford today?

The terms "twin prop" and "commuter" are not synonymous.

"Twin prop" covers such a wide range of types that, without any further information, identifying what you saw will be almost impossible.

"Commuter", on the other hand, is a much more specific term and combined with the twin prop attribute the range of possibilities is small enough to provide a reasonable chance of an ID. Did you have a specific reason for describing it as such ?

waveskimmer
29th May 2012, 07:44
HELIROUTE;

I believe it was a King-Air,a practice run for a forth coming event at Losely manor

ilvaporista
29th May 2012, 08:58
Would this be the event? 23rd June

SPECIAL GUESTS:- MILITARY WIVES CHOIR
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has maintained strong links with the RAF throughout her epic reign. As a young woman she watched "The Few" locked in combat over London and as a grandmother looked proudly on as Prince Charles awarded RAF wings to his son William.
This event will feature the most loved music, flying, pomp and ceremony from 1952 to the present day. The Central Band of the RAF will lead the entertainment with special guests THE MILITARY WIVES CHOIR singing songs from their number 1 album.
Displays from historic and modern RAF aircraft, including the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire will fill the evening sky, alongside special effects and modern and archive film footage.
This concert wil bring alive the Royal in Royal Air Force culminating in a classic uplifting patriotic finale.
SPECIAL GUESTS:
Military Wives Choir
Soprano Miss Fiona Howell
Actor Rupert Holliday Evans
RAF Presentation Team
West End Kids
Spitfire Choir
FLYING DISPLAYS:
RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team
RAF Tucano
RAF Tutor
RAF Hawk
RAF Kingair
RAF Tornado Role Demo
BBMF Spitfire

AndoniP
29th May 2012, 11:55
HeliRoute

The King Air is a regular on the airshow circuit, it's going to be at most shows this season. Its' routine is exactly what you describe.

Otto Throttle
29th May 2012, 13:03
Whatever it was, hopefully it was on a strafing run. Guildford is a dump.

waveskimmer
29th May 2012, 21:08
ilvaporista;

Yes that's the one, thanks