PDA

View Full Version : Know of a place in US to revalidate UK IR & SEP

Trolle
28th May 2012, 17:04
I have a JAA (UK issued) SEP/MEP CPL and SEP/MEP IR that will expire in March 2013. I will be in the US during this period.

Does anyone know if there is a place to renew while over there? Preferably in California and even better if in Northern California.

I am aware that EASA changes may change this whole thing, but just curious if I will have to revalidate by the end of 2012 before I leave for the US.

B2N2
28th May 2012, 20:00
Not aware of anybody in Cali but do know somebody in Florida.
Shares first name with this actor:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BODUwMDYwNDg3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzNTgxMw@@._V1._SY314_ CR20,0,214,314_.jpg

and last name with

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/files/images/thompson.jpg

Trolle
29th May 2012, 15:39
FL is a little far away. Anybody else know something a little further west?

chrisbl
29th May 2012, 19:25
Dont want much do you at least its the same country.

Trolle
29th May 2012, 20:07
Well considering I live in the Bay Area I don't think it's asking too much. There must more than one place.

chrisbl
30th May 2012, 21:19
Trolle by name troll by nature

Another
31st May 2012, 03:18
I dont think its possible to revalidate outside the UK.
the same reason you cant take your initial checkride in the US.

i hope someone proves me wrong, would make life easier.

Trolle
31st May 2012, 07:32
Oh please share chrisbl how my post is trolling? I thought this forum was a site to help people out with their training; apparently you haven't grasped that.

I found UKFT in Southern CA which advertises renewal, but it doesn't have the best reviews on here. I checked the list of FTOs provided by the CAA but didn't find any on the West Coast which advertised renewals. Why fly all the way to FL do a 1 hour flight in a Duchess?

BillieBob
31st May 2012, 09:05
UKFT advertises revalidation/renewal of the class rating but not of the IR, for which you will require the services of a CRE/IRR. I am not aware of any such animal in the western United States.

Dan the weegie
31st May 2012, 12:14
There are definitely JAR certified examiners in the US and you can definitely revalidate your JAR Ratings with them.
My suggestion though of course is to phone the big schools in the area and ask.
You may also want to check the place in Arizona that does Oxford Aviation Academy - Goodyear I think it's called. That ought to have some JAR certified instructors, they will know of some examiners.

Trolle
31st May 2012, 12:26
Thanks Dan the weegie and BillieBob. I have asked at Scandinavian Aviation Academy in San Diego if they can help. I'll give a call to AZ. Did most of my training in the state and that's much closer than FL. Thanks.

I'll report back what I find out to help anybody else out.