PDA

View Full Version : Hevilift PNG ATR42

eureka
27th May 2012, 21:34
The second ATR42 starts in July. Pilots required I hear. Based in Mt Hagan. Cairns - Mt Hagan six days a week.

Killer Loop
28th May 2012, 01:19
I think you might be getting ahead of yourself there Eureka, I wouldn't believe everything you hear out of Mount Hagen.

Waghi Warrior
28th May 2012, 07:37
Confirmed 2nd ATR 42 is about to be introduced. PJV contract maybe ?

Killer Loop
28th May 2012, 08:13
Maybe but nowhere near confirmed. The contract has only just gone out to tender.

Kunai
29th May 2012, 01:52
Agree with KL; 2nd ATR already over 6 months late. Anything out of Hagen/Cairns/Singapore has to be taken with a bucket of salt.

One of the issues was the ATR could not quote a viable payload for the customer out of Hagen for Cairns. If the same aircraft is now offered by the same company but with a much higher payload then PJV's alarm bells should be ringing. Caveat emptor.

Eureka, I know of current staff who were offered commands and FO slots that have turned it down. Flat.

Mach E Avelli
29th May 2012, 02:16
Problem being the bonding arrangements. They even tried bonding pilots already type-experienced for recurrent simulator and upgrades. A shame Management is so hard-nosed about stuff that has to be done more for their benefit than the pilots', because it could be a nice gig.

geeup
29th May 2012, 04:59
2nd ATR is 2 years late already not 6 months :ugh:

If it ever gets a C of A money will have to change hands under the table :ooh:

Payload is viable but no one can calculate a payload that everyone will agree on. HL pays very good money for incompetence these days... And the rules in PNG are the same as in NZ.

Why do type rated people need to apply? They have perfectly good pilots already working for them? :confused:

Its also common knowledge management want to fire all crew on the ATR but have no choice at this point in time. :}

Crew don't seem to want to move from the Part 125 fleet to 121 fleet (one aircraft)

Such a good company that seems to be failing.