PDA

View Full Version : Flight school options

razzy
27th May 2012, 16:06
Does anyone on these forums have some background info on these guys -
- Fulton Aviation, Atlanta (GA)
- Cirrus Aviation, Sarasota (FL)

I'm looking for SEVIS approved schools that are preferably not in Florida or California, but have so far only managed to get a few positive reviews about Sunrise Aviation in Santa Ana, CA. However, I'd rather be in GA since my accommodation costs are working out to be much cheaper there.

Anyone know Fulton Aviation or how they compare to some of the bigger names at Peachtree Dekalb? Any other recommended flight schools in the Atlanta area, or other places in the US where accommodation is more reasonable than in the more popular states for flight training? I'm only looking at small/medium size schools. No big-name places or universities.

razzy
1st Jun 2012, 03:06
Anyone? Anything you might have read/heard from a verifiable source would be helpful.

LandingGearDown
1st Jun 2012, 07:42
There are hundreds of small flight schools that offer low cost international students a chance to fast track their flight training. I personally don't know much about Cirrus Aviation in Sarasota, but I do know of good flight schools that are SEVIS approved in Gainesville and Ocala, Florida. I'm not sure if I'm aloud to disclose much more info than that on this site. PM me if you'd like a bit more info, or just look on a map and do some good old google research.

Also... I agree with you on being careful with the larger flight schools. I get to talk to a lot of foreign students and the high prices that they're paying are insane.

Good luck! :)

p.s. What rating are you looking to get?

LandingGearDown
1st Jun 2012, 07:43
There are hundreds of small flight schools that offer low cost international students a chance to fast track their flight training. I personally don't know much about Cirrus Aviation in Sarasota, but I do know of good flight schools that are SEVIS approved in Gainesville and Ocala, Florida. I'm not sure if I'm aloud to disclose much more info than that on this site. PM me if you'd like a bit more info, or just look on a map and do some good old google research.

Also... I agree with you on being careful with the larger flight schools. I get to talk to a lot of foreign students and the high prices that they're paying are insane.

Good luck! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

p.s. What rating are you looking to get?