PDA

View Full Version : B777 to B787

Rather Be Skiing
27th May 2012, 11:20
Parc Aviation are currently seeking Boeing 777 Captains for a Boeing 787 opportunity with Norwegian Long Haul A/S

Parc Aviation Recruitment and Resourcing (http://www.parcaviation.aero/pages/current_assignments/crew_resourcing.asp?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easp%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D20 55)

Will any from EK or EY consider this? Anyone know anything about conditions?

aozc
27th May 2012, 12:37
What i've heard is that it's going to be a Ryanair-like scheme. No employment, sick pay etc.

Iver
27th May 2012, 14:49
Any successful applicants will also be sticking the middle finger to Norwegian's 737 pilots who may strike over this issue (the outsourcing of their longhaul flying opportunities). Don't expect a nice, friendly atmosphere in the Oslo crew room.

I have seen the link - doesn't say much about housing (not provided) and salary (someone mentioned only $120K US for Capt but that amount has not been confirmed).

Iron Duke
27th May 2012, 20:56
I've heard €10K/month (Capt.) ... but accom in BKK and tax (maybe) will have to come out of that ... ??

No details yet of rotation/ roster pattern, but likely to be LCC harsh ... looking forward to confirmed details ..

Good Luck ..

I.Duke

bucket_and_spade
27th May 2012, 21:23
And crap on the Norwegian guys? Nice.

Just remember - the next contract you mercenaries apply for will have worse Ts and Cs...in part because you accepted the inferior ones this time round.

Shiny new aircraft syndrome...after 6 months it'll just be a seat to sit in.

Talk about pooing where you sleep...

B&S

Rather Be Skiing
28th May 2012, 05:34
And crap on the Norwegian guys? Nice.

Just remember - the next contract you mercenaries apply for will have worse Ts and Cs...in part because you accepted the inferior ones this time round.

Shiny new aircraft syndrome...after 6 months it'll just be a seat to sit in.

Talk about pooing where you sleep...

B&S

What are you on about? I just asked 2 simple questions. Nothing wrong with discussing current job market conditions is there?

ekpilot
28th May 2012, 10:09
Apologies for posting facts on a rumour network....
The contract is 9000EUR - ninethousand - for captains. That's it. Unless you count another 1000EUR per diems as part of your income. From that you sort out everthing yourself, taxes, social contributions, insurances, housing etc.
Since the a/c will be on a Norwegian CAA AoC, you need to be JAA licensed. You need to have the right to work in Europe. There will be very few eligible pilots within a 1000mile radius from BKK that fullfills these requirements...
And oops, do you have the legal right to live in Thailand? Probably one of the few places you could live off of that kind of money. Norwegian won't help you - for them it's just an operational base...
It's a setup for tax evasion. Oh, did I mention - 8 days off each month.
So yeah, if you are retired from an airline that actually gave a damn about their employees and provided them with a decent pension, you may survive on these terms. The question is, will you feel good about yourself doing it?

Iver
28th May 2012, 15:11
Norway certainly does not need that tax money with all of that oil... Why corporate tax rates have to be so high there is beyond me (discourages investment). It is very transparent what Norwegian is trying to do - to the career detriment of their short haul pilots.

Thank you for the updated facts EK Pilot. Unfortunately I would expect many applications regardless.

littlejet
29th May 2012, 13:13
Norway is not part of EU. They can hire Thai pilots if they want to.

80-87
2nd Jun 2012, 14:18
You don't get a 777 endorsement with 787. If you are already endorsed on 777, your license will be endorsed 777/787.

The 787 to 777 hasn't been evaluated as yet.

The JOEB is on the EASA Website.

Iver
14th Sep 2012, 01:44
I know some pilots in the ME have had enough of the heat and the culture and they are looking to depart. I suppose the Norwegian 787 deal out of Bangkok might appeal to some pilots - even though the terms are not competitive. :yuk::ugh::mad: With that said, did any QR, EK or EY pilots leave the desert to fly the Dreamliner at Norwegian? :eek: I remember hiring took place a few months back and I presume training will start shortly.

ManaAdaSystem
14th Sep 2012, 07:48
Why are you asking, Iver? You know the ME pilots, you know all about Norwegian, EK, QR, and you know all about life in the majors in Europe.

Why don't you just ask all your friends in the ME?

This contract is crap. You need to be lobotomized to accept it.

Iver
14th Sep 2012, 11:10
Last time I checked this was an aviation-related forum. How about you quit wasting our time with lame responses and insults? It was a basic question.

ManaAdaSystem
14th Sep 2012, 12:17
Last time I checked this was a professional pilots forum, not a cadet wannabe forum.
You keep telling professionals what's it like to work and live in ME when you live somewhere in Scandiland. Just maybe you have been to ME on holiday sometime, but I highly doubt it.
You ask questions that can easily be answered by all those pilots in ME you claim to know.
And you post cockpit pictures like a professional spotter while you dream about QR.
Turboprops and light jets my a..!

Iver
14th Sep 2012, 13:35
MAS,

There you go again... You have nothing intelligent to offer on a public forum, so, instead, you insult people. It is clear you have problems - you act like a tough guy behind your small keyboard. Does that make you feel better about yourself? Feel like a tough guy?

You know nothing about me and my situation. Yes, I am interested in working in the ME in the future - big surprise. You simply speculate because you can hide behind your keyboard and act tough. This is a public forum and I will continue to ask questions seeking intelligent responses - or just no responses... No responses would be better than insults. Insults waste people's time. I won't expect anything intelligent from you. Seriously, quit acting like such a douche bag.

ManaAdaSystem
19th Sep 2012, 10:27
Thanks for the kind words, JAAR, but if you talk to my kids, you'll find that I spend far too much time away from home as it is. But who cares, I can't see the point of your post anyway.

For the rest of you who visit the ME forum seeking advice on whether or not you should uproot your family and move halfway around the world to work in the ME, to a different culture, different climate and different corporate culture?
You should be very much aware that some of the resident ME "experts" have never worked or lived in the ME, but that doesn't stop them from telling you which airline you should apply to, which airlines are good or bad to work for, upgrade and fleet transfer policy of ME airlines, workload, etc, etc.

The Norwegian 787 contract is really bad, and you need to take housing and taxes into consideration as well. Where you will pay your tax is anyones guess, but I'm sure both the Thai and the Scandi tax authorities will be interested in your money.