PDA

View Full Version : Qatar after hired....

Shaggy330
25th May 2012, 22:38
After joining Qatar, how long until you can "Bid" your roster? Also, if on 777
would the USA flights be considered a senior bid, or a would those trips go junior?

Also, what would be a typical junior roster?

How long is the typical training program from arrival to released to the line?

Thanks

broompusher
26th May 2012, 13:32
You can bid once you've completed your final line check. Bid's are due before the 13th of every month. If you complete your line check on the 15th, you at the mercy of the rostering Gods for the next month.

As for bidding awards. Rosters are not awarded based on seniority (I'm not really sure how they are awarded), so you stand a decent chance of getting North American destinations if that's what you bid for.

The duration of time until you're released onto the line can vary based on when you join, some go through in 4 months from date of hire and others it will be 7-9 months. Just depends on how backed up the training dept is (right now from what I gather it is pretty backlogged at the moment).

Welcome to the desert?

Shaggy330
27th May 2012, 00:24
I sounds like a Preferential bidding system, which considers a number of things in addition to Seniority. All good though. Thanks for the response

Shaggy330
27th May 2012, 13:43
I don't expect to have any problems, nevertheless, what's the typical success / failure rate for new hires; at least the average?

broompusher
28th May 2012, 22:48
From what I've heard there is the odd guy who washes out during training. As far as an average I don't think there's too high of a failure rate. As long as you study hard and put in a solid effort you'll be fine.