PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous name dropping/Emergency Manoeuvres Training

piperboy84
22nd May 2012, 23:23
Well I just wrapped up my Emergency Manoeuvres Training here in Santa Paula, California, and every night I have been reading and re-reading the EMT book written by Rich Stowell. Upon finishing my flight today I got talking to the guy sitting next to me in the flight school and who does he turn out to be? Yeap, you guessed it, Rich Stowell himself, the man who literally “wrote the book”. Now I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, with the EMT training out the way I still have time left here in California to move to the next phase which will involve masquerading as a Airline Pilot and weekend stun flyer/test pilot down at the beach bars with the cautiously optimistic view of replacing that flight manual that has been on the pillow next to me with something a bit softer and warmer and practice some of those unusual attitudes I've been boning up on.:D

(Pun fully intended)

thing
23rd May 2012, 00:14
Anyway, with the EMT training out the way I still have time left here in California to move to the next phase which will involve masquerading as a Airline Pilot and weekend stun flyer/test pilot down at the beach bars with the cautiously optimistic view of replacing that flight manual that has been on the pillow next to me with something a bit softer and warmer and practice some of those unusual attitudes I've been boning up onPly them with drink and wear as much as you can to hide your face; sunnys, high riding scarf etc. Usually works for me. Wear a loose flowing shirt to hide the beergut as well. Leave in the morning before they wake up and see you when they are sober. No bad stuff on the grapevine then.

Don't aim too high, if she has a pulse and is self aware then she's in with a chance.

Edit: By the way you should never name drop. Elton told me that.

goldeneaglepilot
23rd May 2012, 08:30
Don't aim too high, if she has a pulse and is self aware then she's in with a chance.

"A pulse"? - you do have high personal standards and fall into the fussy bracket. Others settle on a pre-requisite of their own puncture repair outfit as being enough

thing
23rd May 2012, 09:23
I guess the latex lover does have advantages, ie no conversation required and apart from initial outlay no running costs, but never accept a previously cherished one.