PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard anything about virgin!!!

johnboy123
22nd May 2012, 04:23
Im just wondering if anyone out their has applied or is waiting for a reply from virgin? I applied 2 months ago for a ground crew position for melbourne australia which i went for a group interview, I got through to the next stage which was calling my referees they have called my referees 3 weeks ago, I got an email last week stating that they are still doing ref checks and don't have a definite starting date for the next ground school so they will be in touch with me in the near future. Im just wondering if this is a good thing or not or if anyone knows whats taking them so long to let me know I'm going a bit crazy checking my emails every hour lol for even if their is someone in the same boat as me?
Cheers

filthy rich
22nd May 2012, 06:24
Hey mate,

I have an assessment day tomorrow 23 may 12 in Sydney and dead nervous....Can you outline exactly how the day goes??Does it really take 4 hours? Also how many question sat the interview??

Thanks!!!

By the way if you are passed references you are in subject to medical..Good luck!

johnboy123
22nd May 2012, 06:51
Hi Filthy Rich,
Its a Pretty easy day don't stress, our day started off with everyone sitting at separate tables then you just have to introduce yourself and fill out some paper work and they just watch everyone and take notes the whole time, then they do a presentation about the company and tell you all about the job and stuff your free to and questions during this, then we had a small test just matching up a whole heap of flight codes we had to match up as much as possible in 3 mins, then we ad a group task where you have to pick certain things to take on the plane and what to leave behind and why just basic stuff, then we had to wait for a individual interview where they go through your resume and ask you about your resume and old work and even about yourself they focus a lot on safety so have some safety scenarios ready in your head lol all the best or it don't stress just be yourself and interact with everyone you will be fine.

filthy rich
22nd May 2012, 20:29
Hey,

Thnaks for getting back to me! That made me feel a bit more at ease. Just a bit confused about safety scenarios?Such as what....:ugh:..

johnboy123
23rd May 2012, 04:43
sorry I should have explained more, I meant lie different possible bad safety incidents or if you have seen something that was unsafe how did you handle it and what would you say to the person that was being unsafe just things like that, let me know how you went hopefully all went well i emailed virgin today I'm dieting to know if i got the job or not i don't know whats taking them so long i have been waiting almost 2 months now lol