PDA

View Full Version : MECIR Renewal Question

Jo nathan
17th May 2012, 10:52
All,

Looking for help on the matter.

My MECIR is due to be 12months expired by the end of this month. (May)

I sat the renewal test on Monday 14th May but was unable to complete the flight component due to the aircraft being unserviceable. I completed the ground component and sim ILS approach.

Now I know I have until the end of the month to fly but I work offshore on a remote platform and have just started a 28day hitch, so will not be back until the 14th June.

The question I have is there any option avail to me that allows me to just fly the renewal requirement? Or am i stuck doing the initial all over again??

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

ReverseFlight
17th May 2012, 16:35
My MECIR is due to be 12months expired by the end of this month. (May)Sounds like your initial or last renewal was in May 2010. If that's the case, there is no dispensation under the rules, but do speak to your initial / renewal FTO to see if they can help.

By George
17th May 2012, 22:12
I think you'll be up for all Nav-Aids in the aeroplane. If you're inside 12 months it's only the NDB in the aircraft, outside 12 months the lot. No big deal really, apart from the money. The fact you managed the ILS etc inside the 12 month cut-off is an interesting one but I can't see them bending.

Jack Ranga
18th May 2012, 00:49
Jo nathan,

Was in the same position as you, in the end does it matter? It's not like sweating through the test first time, you've done it before and proved yourself. With the right testing officer it's just like a renewal with a few more approaches thrown in :ok:

MakeItHappenCaptain
18th May 2012, 05:40
No joy.
You're up for an initial.

I had one where the flying school "forgot" to notify the renewal until the day of the test, which was also the last day before my 12 mth expiry.
Even though I phoned to confirm the booking on the day before the test on my flight back to Brisbane from Melbourne. They're gone now so thanks, FTA.:mad:

as fragged
18th May 2012, 06:00
From CAO 40.2.1

12.2 Where an instrument rating has expired for a period of less than 12 months, an applicant may qualify for issue of a rating by passing the instrument rating test applicable to the renewal of a rating.

Wouldn't this mean JN is up for a renewal?

as fragged
18th May 2012, 06:04
12.3 Where an instrument rating has expired for a period in excess of 12 months, an applicant may qualify for issue of a rating by passing the instrument rating test applicable to the initial issue of an instrument rating.

.... but don't leave it longer than 12months after expiry, right?

Jo nathan
18th May 2012, 10:44
Thanks guys.

Not really worried if I will pass or not. More so the $ factor.

Appreciate the time