PDA

View Full Version : EK Company Accommodation (moving out)

Epiphone
17th May 2012, 10:35
Hello,

Can any one comment on the process of moving out of EK company accommodation.
Was the process easy and straight forward or a pain in the backside?
How easy was it to apply for the utilities allowance?

Thanks

E.

scandistralian
18th May 2012, 14:12
It's dead easy, just follow steps on HR direct FAQ page, takes about 10 days for approval and 3 months to move out date...

revertedrubber
19th May 2012, 05:29
I moved out around a year ago. When I applied, I was reminded that the move was not a right but a privilege and could take up to 6 months if approved by the powers from above. Was extremely hard to coordinate the shift to our new accommodation and had to commit to an exit day which was followed by a daily fine if late vacating. I was further harassed for every detail regarding the old villa being returned to a pristine sand dump! :rolleyes:

smartypants2
19th May 2012, 17:19
If anyone is planning to move out of their current EK villa, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
SP2

givemewings
20th May 2012, 07:04
You guys must be working for a different company, from what I have heard and seen accommodation is one of the most difficult departments to get a hold of or deal with, get stuff in writing because they will all tell you something different, I will be out of pocket because they can't make up their minds what get charged for and what doesn't. And of course if it's convenient for you to move on days off they will take their time releasing the vacant property to you unless it suits them...

Don't plan on any quick moves, and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen quickly :ugh:

etops777
20th May 2012, 07:20
I opted out and it was a streamline process. Wrote them an email and moved out on the date that I've specifically specified.

givemewings
20th May 2012, 07:30
Apparently it makes a difference as to where you sit in the plane... :p :{ :ugh:Or perhaps it's because they're "getting rid of you" from being their problem so they manage to make it happen? :E I do wonder what it's like for those poor people on lower contracts who have to share with others, if they can ever get anything done or approved either...?

givemewings
20th May 2012, 07:42
Oh and here's a tip: don't bother calling, the phone rings out (probably because when I've been in there I've never heard a landline ring, so I wonder if there's even a phone on the other end) and the 2nd number goes through but surprise surprise, the "mailbox is full"! Best to just walk in, at least then it's harder for them to pretend you're not there (though some of them try lol)

(Look for the nice Emirati lady a few desks in, she was the only person who ever actually approached me when I walked in, and not the other way around...)

Dropp the Pilot
20th May 2012, 07:43
Has anyone ever moved back "in". If so, what were the circumstances?

Tight Seat
20th May 2012, 07:50
I've had a go at google but no real joy. Does anyone have and experience of buying a pad? Mortgage rates , deposits , ease . PM if you wish. Cheers .

springbok449
20th May 2012, 09:50
Smartypants, why are you asking? Are you looking at moving into another pad? Just curious no after thoughts...

Could anyone who has moved out recently tell me how the final check out process was and who did it? I hear so many different stories as to how exactly villa and garden should be left to avoid charges.

I have asked the said department but not getting much feedback, I guess finding out who is moving into your house is not going to happen?

smartypants2
20th May 2012, 17:17
Reason why I'm asking: I'm a local hire. Joined EK whilst renting an apartment. Now we would like to opt in, but because there is an extreme shortage we only have a chance to get a villa if we go to the housing department hand in hand with the person who's opting out...
Would like to get a villa in Jumeirah/Sufouh/Um Suqeim.

smartypants2
20th May 2012, 17:19
By the way Springbok, you have to find someone like us. People who are willing to take over the house as is (assuming it's liveable :} )

The wishper
21st May 2012, 06:59
Been waiting for a villa for 4months now and all they say is they cant give me a time frame:rolleyes:

iceberg76
21st Jan 2013, 13:57
Nothing like digging a thread out from the archives....

Have you gotten a place to stay yet wishper? I realize the post was made May 2012 but we are in the same boat. Been waiting now for 5 months and there is still no answer as to what or when.

People in the office cant give an answer and new joiners get preference..

With the 50% deposit now required for buying a place this puts that option on the back burner.. (For the next 20 years)

Even renting a place with the current allowance is just crazy at the rate the prices are increasing.

Anybody else waiting for a Villa?

Epiphone
21st Jan 2013, 15:32
"With the 50% deposit now required for buying a place this puts that option on the back burner.. (For the next 20 years)"

Hot off the press

UAE cen bank won't impose mortgage cap - governor - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/uae-cen-bank-won-t-impose-mortgage-cap-governor-486593.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

helen-damnation
24th Jan 2013, 06:14
No cap -For now :sad:

Even hotter:
http://http://http://globaleye.newsweaver.co.uk/1gzfx0397q3qoihrkhb52k?email=true&a=2&p=31356445&t=20206575 (http://globaleye.newsweaver.co.uk/1gzfx0397q3qoihrkhb52k?email=true&a=2&p=31356445&t=20206575)