PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines - Very good.

Ancient Observer
17th May 2012, 09:55
I had a return airflight to Istanbul last week. I was on a package, so no choice of carrier. We went with Turkish, in cattle class, and I have to say it was brilliant.
Newish 330, great entertainment choice, smiley helpful cabin crew, informative pilots. Food was, er, cattle class standard, but I would not hesitate to fly with them again.
I used my own headphones, (Sennheiser), which showed that the sound source was very good indeed. Their own headphones were cattle class standard.

AdamFrisch
17th May 2012, 15:50
I've flown on their LAX-IST long haul route a couple of times, and they've always been very good. The new push to become a big player in the long haul market has really upped the quality.

L'aviateur
18th May 2012, 10:33
I've booked flights with them later this year (MCT-IST-MAN return), and your comments give me confidence that we've made the right choice.

Businesstraveller
18th May 2012, 11:30
I've flown Turkish economy on LHR-IST-LHR and BHX-IST-BHX. The LHR experience was a little more cramped (B737) with a 'large' lady invading my seat space but the BHX was better (A321) with enough space to spread out. Admitedly, in the latter case it was because we were last to board, had the furthest back allocated seats (still 3/4 rows from the back), so i took the executive decision that we should grab a row of three each. Good meals/drinks, polite service and comfortable. I'd certainly have no issues recommending Turkish to anyone.

radeng
22nd May 2012, 14:52
I flew Turkish IST - FRA a couple of years back.

Asked for an aisle seat in Business, and told that only window seats were available. When we eventually boarded - 2 hours late - there were three rows in business class. Front row - totally empty. Third row - totally empty. Second row - FULL!

Crazy. So after it was apparent there were no more coming on board, I moved.

crispey
1st Jun 2012, 13:03
Used THY last year MAN-IST-MAN.737-800.On time,comfortable(I'm 6-1)reasonable food and generally very good service.Far better than most of the others and I've used most.

I was concerned after the AMS incident.Hopefully they've improved that aspect.It is the most important after all.

Timmyflyer
9th Jun 2012, 22:19
Flown TK many times between LHR/IST...depending on what flight and what days...you can experience nearly every aircraft they operate.
777/340/330/321/320/737 ....the seats (especially Business) can vary greatly....personally i rather like the 777-300 on lease from Jet...Biz seats are great though even econ is comfortable and good IFE...Food has always been of good standard and crew friendly.

PAXboy
10th Jun 2012, 00:41
Friends of mine used them from CPT to Europe a couple of years ago in Biz and rated them very highly. My friends are well travelled and PICKY.

Lightning Mate
12th Jun 2012, 18:19
Thirld World = Third rate......................

Tableview
12th Jun 2012, 18:22
I have used them for a few short sectors to/from IST and for IST-JNB and found them excellent.

RoyHudd
12th Jun 2012, 21:29
Safety record?

fhegner
12th Jun 2012, 21:46
safety?....
WGAF, they're cheap..... !

Bigmouth
19th Jun 2012, 06:02
Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/471438-foreign-pilots-warn-about-turkish-airline-danish-news-paper-politikken.html