PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access Garmin Pilot app

worldpilot
16th May 2012, 19:18
Hi,

I've been trying to download the new Garmin Pilot app for IPad but that's not been feasible.

My IPad is registered with my credentials based out of Germany and obviously the Garmin Pilot app is not accessible from Germany.

Anyone been able to access this App from Europe??

Contrary though, I've been to download and use Flight Guide iEFB, Foreflight, WingX Pro7 and ForeFlight Mobile apps.

WP

piperarcher
17th May 2012, 11:43
I am based in the UK and I cant download it. I tried to access it through the link to the App Store from Google but got a message saying "Your request could not be completed". Maybe it is only available in the US.

Shame, because I am quite keen to use my iPad and havent quite warmed to Air Nav Standar or SkyDemon (though Memory Map free is quite nice just for the moving map functionality).

172driver
17th May 2012, 12:03
Just gave it a go and get the message 'This Apple ID is only valid for purchases from the UK Store'. Guess same applies to Germany.

Obvious workaround is to create a US-based Apple ID (think I even have one, no time now to play around).

Matt020876
6th Feb 2014, 09:16
But its the top hhit in google for Garmin pilto app not vailable in uk...

Ive contacted the Garmin Avionics dept. Garmin Pilot will be available for uk and europe in Q2 of 2014.

Matt020876
17th Jun 2014, 15:14
App delayed till Mid july 2014

Matt020876
17th Jul 2014, 12:48
....released today in the UK appstore (IOS)