PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Moth or similar near the Gold Coast

Critical Reynolds No
15th May 2012, 21:38
Hi all,
Thinking of surprising the Old Man with a joy flight in a Tiger Moth when he holidays to the Goldie in a few months. Anyone suggest or reccomend a good operator? Obvisously there is Tiger Moth Joy Rides | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (http://www.tigermothjoyrides.com.au/). Are they ok? Any other Warbird type operators up there? He is not interested in aerobatics! (Know that from personal experience!).
Thanks in advance everyone

spinex
15th May 2012, 21:52
Your example is the only one I know of - they operate from a cow paddock at Pimpima and although the overall impression is of an old time barnstorming operation and the aircraft not restored to within an inch of their life, I haven't seen anything which would prevent me from flying with them - whatever that's worth:hmm:.

The Golden Rivet
16th May 2012, 00:45
Might be a longer trip, but Warricks tiger at Redcliffe YRED is in great condition, although you would have to drive the hour to the north from the gold coast?:ok:

ravan
16th May 2012, 04:52
Spiro at Daedalus Aviation at Archerfied has one as well.

Aussie Bob
16th May 2012, 06:03
Head sout to Tyagarah (just north of Byron), nice drive and there are a couple of immaculate Tigers there, a formation sortie may even be possible ...

Critical Reynolds No
16th May 2012, 22:21
Thanks everyone. Some leads to investigate.
Appreciated
CRN