PDA

View Full Version : FIRST MEDICAL CLASS JAR DEVIATION

PANAM70
15th May 2012, 16:31
Hello I received the first medical class with deviation, do you know if I could fly as Airline Pilot ?
Do you know someone who have the daviation and work for an Airline ?

alex230380
16th May 2012, 08:23
It depends what kind of deviation you have been issued.
You should ask them to clarify whether it's a short term or a long term one.
Frist class with deviation practically means that you can work as an airliner pilot only with airlines under UK CAA.
If it's a short term one though, as soon as you get your CAA UK CPL the deviation it's removed and you will have a fully unrestricted Class 1 medical.
The problem is that you have to get the CPL whithin June cause later EASA comes over and that's another thing.
Anyway be optimistic and check the EASA reqs for class 1. They are generally less tight than the CAA ones so could be that you anyway will get a class 1 under EASA.
Take care

PANAM70
16th May 2012, 15:24
Thank u for the answer,they gave me the long.
It's a good notice so I can work as Airline Pilot in UK !!!
Thanks !!!

Eyon
24th May 2012, 18:53
Interesting you say no problem with flying in the UK with a deviation.

I've been battling the CAA for the last year to have my OML restriction removed from my Class 1 (initial was taken June last year).

Looks like they wont remove it, and I'm really looking at the prospects of employment post-qualifying. I understand that theoretically there is no difference between me and any other new first officers looking for their first job, but the reality is that will anyone employ the potentially unhealthy candidate, or the healthy one?

Sadly it's near impossible to find that information out!

queergiraffe
9th Sep 2012, 07:45
hi there, im in the same sort of boat, it looks like I might be able to scrape by with a class 1 long term deviation medical, I believe it is for pilots with a prescription beyond +5 dioptres but can still achieve 6/6 visual acuity in that eye. Can you just tell me what your prescription was/is and how you went about getting your medical?

Cheers Matt