PDA

View Full Version : Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam

Milo Minderbinder
11th May 2012, 21:59
I see someone in the USA had a firm view on how to achieve an end-game re ending Islamic terrorism

U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use 'Hiroshima' Tactics for 'Total War' on Islam | Danger Room | Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/total-war-islam/?pid=1196)

Father Jack Hackett
11th May 2012, 22:49
A timely reminder that militant islam doesn't have an absolute monopoly on swivel-eyed crazies.

Willard Whyte
11th May 2012, 23:00
I'd rather eat hamburgers for evermore than goat's balls.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
11th May 2012, 23:32
Just one on Mecca would do it. The Hajj is pretty much compulsory, everyone doing it will get irradiated, and non-muslims aren't even allowed in.

Not that I'm advocating anything of the sort.......

Two's in
12th May 2012, 00:23
Fascinating article that fully illustrates how slavish adherence to religious dogma and extremist political beliefs is a breeding ground lunatic wack jobs. It's quite critical about Muslims as well.

phil9560
12th May 2012, 01:44
Don't believe everything you read.

Momoe
12th May 2012, 05:53
Two's in - LIKE:D:D:D:D:D

Heathrow Harry
12th May 2012, 10:33
astonishing they got away with teaching the course for so long TBH

SASless
12th May 2012, 12:39
I think one should consider the source whenever making decisions on what they read.

It would appear to me the source is rather one sided in its viewpoint....and anyone that puts much credence into the version being spun might be putting entirely too much faith into the matter.

Just as Religious Zealots only have eyes for their warped beliefs....so do others with a preconceived notion of life.

How many times have we heard someone suggesting the threat of dropping a Nuke on Qom and Mecca being ways to encourage Main Stream Muslim support of counter-radical Islamic views.

It sounds good on paper...and at some point in the spectrum might become an answer.....Heaven ?Forbid!

During the Cold War....did we not have lots of throw weight assigned to Soviet cities....as one cannot drop a Nuke on an Army Barracks and not rough up the neighboring flats!

So what is all that unusual about war gaming such measures against our Islamic enemies? We never nuked the Soviets....but they folded their tent....perhaps that might happen with the Fundamentalists on the other side today?

ExRAFRadar
12th May 2012, 13:08
I can understand why this has made headlines but anyone who knows anything of military planning knows that everything is gamed out/discussed somewhere.

I would be more surprised if this sort of scenario hasn't been looked at.

Nothing new under the sun, google 'United States color-coded war plans'

I really like War Plan Red......

Jollygreengiant64
12th May 2012, 13:08
Isn't it good to maintain a doctrine of open thinking? However radical those views may be, there may be a point in the future where such 'extreme' measures are necessary to maintain the perceived and actual security of a nation, and avoiding public hysteria.

Hypothetical: A 'significant' yield bomb explodes in the heart of Mecca. Major suspicion points at alleged US involvement. What are Muslims going to do?

That is one proverbial wasp's nest you don't wan't pissed in.

Unless you can differentiate between those rational Muslims and those that are rather quite bothered by this, and history tells us we can't, at a very minimum you would have to round them all up and deport them. People can only hope that that is enough. The other solution is a bit more permanent.

If religions were classed by intolerance and violence levels then everyone knows Islam would be right up there, by a long, long way. The rest of us outgrew crusading a long ******* time ago. About time they reciprocated.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
12th May 2012, 19:25
The last time the US tried War Plan Red was 1812. I seem to recall the White House and the Capitol needing a bit more than a paint job.

The Canadian Government has allocated C$ 5 million to the Bicentennial celebrations. Oddly enough the Yanks haven't allocated a cent.

Of course, Canada has been planning to invade the US for years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0R5DTHcmGU&feature=related

TyroPicard
12th May 2012, 19:37
If religions were classed by intolerance and violence levels then everyone knows Islam would be right up there, by a long, long way. The rest of us outgrew crusading a long ******* time ago. About time they reciprocated.
Complete bunk.
All religions are based on myth, but none to my knowledge preach intolerance and violence.
It's the human race that is the problem.

PTT
12th May 2012, 19:39
a doctrine of open thinkingOxymoron? :E

Tableview
12th May 2012, 19:41
All religions are based on myth, but none to my knowledge preach intolerance and violence.

It's the way the fanatics and nutjobs interpret the works of fantasy, Koran, Bible, Talmud, whatever you want to call the things. I used to think it was nothing but a fairy tale but sadly it's the biggest killer of humanity.

Tankertrashnav
12th May 2012, 20:53
Got a pretty bad record, I'd agree, Tableview, but Stalin, Mao Tse Tung and Pol Pot did a pretty fair job adding their contibutions without religion.

I'd like to amend your last statement to read that humanity is the biggest killer of humanity.

Seems we're pre-programmed to do it with or without a religious excuse :( Still, it's provided most of us on here with a living for a greater or lesser part of our lives.

sitigeltfel
12th May 2012, 21:04

Yeah, right!

Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

tonker
12th May 2012, 21:35
I hope the little boys and girls in these countries are not reading the views of the "few" in this thread.

If you wanted to go the full hog you could build ovens as some final solution for the ones that got away.

Shame on you

Jollygreengiant64
12th May 2012, 21:51
What is factually true and what is perceived as true are two different things entirely. Only the perception of a major threat from all Muslims actually matters to the public. What is a government to do when faced with a potential threat so great? How are they to stop the millions of rednecks from taking matters into their own hands?

PTT, You need to have an open mind about these things:ok: