PDA

View Full Version : BA transfer BD routes over

BAladdy
10th May 2012, 11:19
Rather than making multiple entries on different posts I have started this thread specifically for post regarding the transfer of BD routes over to BA.

The first wave of routes to transfer will be Bergen, Basel, Nice, Vienna, Stavangar, Hanover, Agadir, Marrakech and Casablanca will have their bmi flight code (BD) and number replaced with BA ones from May 23.

The flight schedule, including time, date and terminal for the flights will remain the same.

From today, all bmi flights will be available for sale exclusively through ba.com or the British Airways’ call centres. Customers who have booked a bmi flight will be able to service their booking via flybmi.com. The airline’s baggage policies will apply to any BA coded flights from May 23. However, the airline will honour bmi’s checked baggage allowance for any customers who booked prior to May 10. Any new bookings made after today will use BA’s baggage policies.

Further routes will be changed over to British Airways’ system in the coming weeks. New flight numbers will be loaded in next day or so. Will post them when they are known.

Skipness One Echo
10th May 2012, 15:15
This will still be on the Midland AOC under the Midland callsign?

Tableview
10th May 2012, 15:30
Sad to see this but useful and appreciated information. A couple of weeks ago I was going to book a BD flight for 23rd May, but I had a suspicion (a little more than that ....) that this was going to happen, so I booked easyJet instead. Now glad I did so.

I used to fly BD a lot and I wish all their staff the best for their future, however it may pan out. Never had a flight with them that wasn't enjoyable.

BAladdy
10th May 2012, 19:32
This will still be on the Midland AOC under the Midland callsign?

Routes once routes are given BA flight numbers they will operate under BA call signs etc. Once a BD aircraft has been painted in BA colours it will be moved to BA's AOC. On BA's website it says: "Due to the complex nature of the transition to British Airways aircraft, crew and on-board service some elements of the service and policies could change."

Below is a list of the routes and there current BD flight numbers that are set to change along with there new BA flight numbers that will come into affect on 23rd May. Oneworld alliance frequent flyers , with the exception of BA Exec Club members, will only be able to receive there usual services and benefits on a BD route from the day that route starts operating under a BA flight number.

AGADIR

BD445/BD446 will change to BA8162/BA8163

BASLE

BD161/BD162 will change to BA8138/BD8141
BD167/BD168 will change to BA8140/BD8143
BD169/BD160 will change to BA8142/BD8139

BERGEN

BD551/BD552 will change to BA8150/BA8151

CASABLANCA

BD441/BD442 will change to BA8160/BA8161

MARRAKECH

BD447/BD448 will change to BA8164/BA8165

NICE

BD193/BD194 will change to BA8144/BA8145
BD195/BD196 will change to BA8146/BA8147

STAVANGER

BD537/BD538 will change to BA8152/BA8153

The flight to VIE has not yet been allocated a BA flight number however the flights are available to book on BA's site

Flights to HAJ are now available to book on BA's site and they will for now continue to be operated by BD Regional. Only once regional end ops of the service will a BA flight number be added this is due to BMI Regional being sold and will soon become a independent company. HAJ operates up to 3 x Daily on a 49 seater ER4 this frequency is highly unlikely to be maintained by BA once the route is no longer operated by regional as there smallest aircraft is a 132 seater A319. BA may decide to drop the HAJ route all together or they could operate a daily or and highly unlikely 2 daily using a A319.

None of the current BD routes are certain to continue to be operated by BA from start of W12. Further details when it comes to BA's plans for BD's fleet & a list of routes BA plans to drop and from when is expected to be announced tomorrow when IAG announce there Q1 results

Aksai Oiler
11th May 2012, 12:01
BA Laddy please clarify what you mean regarding your comment "oneworld frequent flyers, with the exception of BA Exec Club members, will only be able to receive there usual services and benefits on a BD route". You comment makes me think, as a BA Exec Club member I will be better off not flying BD... Maybe I misunderstand you?