PDA

View Full Version : Counting loads/lifts while slinging in JAA-land

Flyting
9th May 2012, 17:45
I am new to JAA/EASA and have heard that one has to log how many lifts one does while slinging/long lining... which means I have to start going through my log book and trying to figure it all out from the past in ICAO-land...!

When counting, do I total only lifts with a load on the hook or do I include the ride back just with the long line hanging with an empty hook....?
i.e. I lift a load and take it to the drop site. Leave it there and fly back with the long line hanging below to pick up another load.... is this 1 or 2 lifts?

:confused::confused::confused:

SASless
9th May 2012, 18:59
Long Lining in JAR Land.....now that is another Topic!

hillberg
9th May 2012, 20:13
:}Would that be RINs for the helicopter cycle count :Dor for your own log book?:=

Flyting
10th May 2012, 03:08
it's not in JAA-land, and it's for my logbook

hueyracer
10th May 2012, 04:45
Correct me if i am wrong-but according to EASA, as far as i understand, they count as "load" the lift from Point A and releasing at point B.

That would mean-the flight back is NOT a lift...

Other opinions?

malabo
10th May 2012, 13:07
Unless you know the purpose of the information tracked, it is a WGF question. Put whatever number you want in, halve or doubled, what difference does it make to anyone?

Flyting
10th May 2012, 16:00
Malabo, unlike a lot of pilots out there I take my log book seriously so that someone (employer) asks how many xxx I have I can give them an honest answer.
I was told that under JAA, lifts had to be counted for ones log book... which is new to me, which means I'll have to go through company sling/hook records and start adding up.
:ugh: Not something I'm looking forward to doing... but if I have to I have to...

heloguy412
10th May 2012, 17:07
I was told that under JAA, lifts had to be counted for ones log book... which is new to me, which means I'll have to go through company sling/hook records and start adding up.

Number of slung loads like landings like collective cycles.....

TLAR...

That looks about right. :ugh: