PDA

View Full Version : aviationexam.com and bristol

firstofficer1986
8th May 2012, 23:31
hello
for someone who has tried both of them,what is the difference between both of them and is their questions the same,and why aviation exam contains more questions than bristol 11000 for bristol vs 15000 for AE.thanks.

XiRho
9th May 2012, 08:02
I don't know for a fact why AE has more, but I can take an educated guess at it. Just for information though, 'Bristol' which I assume means ATPLOnline isn't actually Bristol's QB, it is owned and run by a separate company but with input from BGS instructors (as far as I know).

I imagine AE has more questions because ATPLOnline is continuously monitored and has questions added and removed from it all the time based on whether they are deemed to be in current use or not, and I don't know if AE does this or not.

I know ATPLOnline recently spent quite a lot of time adding a lot of new questions, but there were also a lot removed because they have been unheard of in exams for many years.

Alex Whittingham
9th May 2012, 09:12
That's exactly correct. It depends on how the database is set up, some question bank providers add everything they can find, on the basis, presumably, that extra questions can't hurt. Others try and trim them down to represent the CQB as closely as possible. As the various CQBs have been issued questions have been both added and removed, and the ones that were taken out were generally taken out for a reason, perhaps they were defective or didn't match the Learning Objectives. My philosophy would be to take out questions that I didn't think were in the exam but I can see why some databases would keep them in.