PDA

View Full Version : FLYING BUDDY REQ!

dr_darcy_tyler
6th May 2012, 14:32
Hi all. My request is simple! Require a fellow PPL holder, pref a newbie pilot to go flying with! Would like to share P1 responsibilty and cost, ie: you fly a leg P1, then I fly the return leg P1. We then pay our share of the costs accordingly!
Live in the North East! Usually fly C152's with a few hours experience in a PA28! I have no other ratings other than PPL!
Usually based at EGNT, however willing to consider most locations in North East!
Just looking to build confidence with a like minded individual who is new to this aswell!
Cheers!

dannyboy11
7th May 2012, 08:43
I'll be in touch later as I'm just trying to finish my PPL at EGNT. I will be typed for the PA28 and PA38.

Talkdownman
7th May 2012, 08:57
typed.....?
Won't you be issued with an SEP rating?

dannyboy11
7th May 2012, 10:46
Yea, SEP. I'm sill new to all of this :confused:

TRPGpilot
7th May 2012, 19:35
I am based in Wellsbourne but I sopose thats too far. I wouldnt mind a flying buiddy myselfe, flying alone is boring really.

dr_darcy_tyler
7th May 2012, 19:40
HI dannyboy11, YEAH, pls get in touch when you qualify! Have you much studying left to do?
I aint much experience in the PA28, but have flown one as P1S a couple of occasions!
Would be good to hook up sometime!
Good luck with PPL!

dr_darcy_tyler
7th May 2012, 19:46
Hi trpgpilot, yeah, sadly Wellsbourne is a tad too far! However thanks for your post! BTW I would agree, flying alone can be very lonely!

Talkdownman
7th May 2012, 20:17
I aint much experience in the PA28, but have flown one as P1S a couple of occasions!
With an examiner, I hope.

mrmum
7th May 2012, 22:07
Probably not with an examiner i would think :( as the OP is recently qualified and has mostly flown the C152, they're hardly likely to have managed multiple successful tests in a PA28?? Much more likely to have been with an instructor who doesn't know how to get their students to log flight time properly :=.

If we're not talking about a multi-crew aircraft, so not a PA28, then the only time PICUS or P1U/S or P1/S, whatever you want to call it can be used is;
Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a JAA or CAA Authorised Examiner....(enter holder's operating capacity as).... PICUS for successful test. Enter time in ‘P1’ column and have it certified by aircraft commander.
From LASORS, section A, Appendix 2

PS Dr Darcy, this isn't a criticism of you, but of FI's who should know better.

dannyboy11
8th May 2012, 10:21
Dr Darcy I've most of the study, the only real problem i'm having is the weather. If its raining, that will be the day I have lessons booked!

dr_darcy_tyler
8th May 2012, 19:06
Yeah doesnt get any better when you qualify! Keep me posted mate! will be good to hook up!