PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training in Australia

PresidentMacAwesome
6th May 2012, 03:58
Hello fellow aviation enthusiasts, I am seeking to do a professional pilot program starting from 0 hrs to CPL. I was thinking of going to Australia to do it. The problem is I have just about US45,000 dollars to dedicate to my training. I would like to know if there are any good school in Australia that I can get all my training done for this price. From the research I have done, Australia seems to be way more expensive so your knowledge on this is appreciated.

Thank You.

redsnail
6th May 2012, 11:04
Before investing that money in an Australian CPL, you must ask yourself the question "where do I intend to work and what licence do they require". Then get that one.
Don't spend your money twice if you don't have to.

ryan_sharara
6th May 2012, 14:58
Well Said Redsnail

I did my CPL MECIR in basair aviation college (Sydney, Australia)

The CPL costs there 57,700 AUD = 58,750 USD
Add 2-3000$ just for extra flying hours..

You just want to do it to CPL ?

PresidentMacAwesome
6th May 2012, 19:48
I planned to hopefully get a job in Australia, I actually wanted to become an instructor and build my hours that way but I would not be able to afford to go all the way at this time. It seems as if flight training in Australia is more expensive than in other areas of the world. I was hoping that I would be employable in Australia with only the CPL. I am going to do more research on this but if the costs aren't cheaper then I just may have to go to a different country.

redsnail
6th May 2012, 21:43
Ok, now here comes another question.
"Can I emigrate to that country?"
So you'll need to spend some time on this (http://www.immi.gov.au/)
website. It's like you can just "walk in".
Well, you can if you're Australian. :)

Capt.Adi
7th May 2012, 03:21
Hey,

Any luck in finding good flight schools.I am also looking for flight schools in Australia.Since you are searching some for yourself,can you please suggest some schools for me?

Also,I understand that your budget is pretty low.You could try searching for schools in South Africa and Philippines.However,I am not sure of the training quality.

Cheers.

KingZul90
16th Jul 2013, 16:37
Hi Ryan,

I'm a 23 year old Singaporean who is looking at Basair Aviation College to get my CPL. I've read quite a few posts with regards to self sponsored students and how difficult it is for them to get a job after graduation as compared to those being sponsored by an airline. Can you or anyone out there comment on this? I dont mind flying regional or build my hours slowly as a flight instructor.

Thank you