PDA

View Full Version : Location location

Epiphone
4th May 2012, 06:42
Hi

I am considering buying a villa.

Can anyone living in areas such as Green Community, Arabian Ranches, The Villa, Falcon City , Sports City and DSO have any comments for or against any of these areas. Comments regarding shopping, schools, and general living conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks

E.

Wizofoz
4th May 2012, 07:04
Green Community- Don't know it well, but it always seems to take forever to get from the front gate to the front door. Good shopping, pleasent environs and I believe pretty good schools.

Arabian ranches- Over developed, small shopping center is WAY to small for the size of the population. Jess Ranches is an excellent school, however.

The Vill and Falcon City- Might be OK value but no shops or schools nearby- both big developments that stopped way before the planned infrastructure got finished.

Don't know Sports City well, but it does at least have a godd supermarket.

I live at DSO- I THINK Cedre is just about sold out. Locations OK, and better since the Cedre shops started opening. It's all a bit scrappy, but Mirdiff Mall is close by and has all you need, local schools aren't bad.

Hope that helps!!

CEP
4th May 2012, 15:40
Green Community DIP- how much money do you have to throw away?

Service fees to UP, between 20-40K PA, depending on what type you own.
Emicool and DEWA combined, average use for bungalow, look at about 3K in winter months, 5-6K during summer. At least 2K of that goes to various "charges"- load charges, service fees, fuel levies, etc, etc even before you start using the services. But I'm sure a lot of other areas are the same.

Roads and area a bit of a construction zone at the moment, but still manageable. Nice once you're in the area and don't have to go out again.

Schools, standard for Dubai. Money-sucking businesses. Not great, not the worst I've seen.

Maktoum getting busier, Minhad AB quite active as well, so increased air traffic and noise. But NOWHERE close to what it's like in Mirdiff.

Epiphone
5th May 2012, 03:57
Thanks for the replies,

All information is appreciated.

E

Payscale
5th May 2012, 05:10
There is only one way to buy property in Dubai. Study the freehold everyday and look at prices over the last year. Where are people buying today.
I will tell you to buy one place. The next will tell you something different. We all have different experiences with the dubai property market. Or some people just like to dispense advise out of the blue with no personal experience.
Generally Nakheel has the locations. Emaar has the built quality. Dont touch the rest. Thats my a opinion.

scandistralian
5th May 2012, 06:41
Does anyone here live in the springs or lakes? Thinking about buying there, would appreciate a bit of local knowledge!

glofish
5th May 2012, 08:23
Lakes:
Old buildings.
Beware of cracks in walls and collapsing kitchens.
Best visit after a nice rain shower, to check leakage .......

Springs / Meadows:
Location, location!
Some nice spots, but then overpriced. The bargains are
noisy.

Arabian Ranches:
Beware of smell from the lake!
Houses generally fine, but pricy.

Green Community
Traffic is nauseating. Access a real disaster.

Motor City / Sports City
Still affordable. MC is noisy, although some nice villas in the back.
SC's early villas good quality and community, new villas quality doubtful.

DSO
Location, location, location. A mixed bag.

Villa /Falcon City
Wait, not even a bargain now. Needs to develop more, then decide.

Everything with "Jumeira" is a fortune cookie.

My 2cts

Payscale
5th May 2012, 08:25
Meadows is good buy. Its Emaar and a good location. Springs is a huge development and some of them look quite dated.
Arabian Ranches is well established. Not over developed as one suggested. Nice big spinneys in Motor city. I have been in the ranches for a long time and enjoy it. Prices have come up quite a bit since the bottom of the crisis. About a mill for the villas I follow. Nowhere near the top of the market from 2008. They will never get up there again. I'd like them to but they shouldnt for the sake of the market.
Dont be too adventurous with your money, if at all, because after all it an investment and it carries a risk, so use the money the company gives you and minimize exposure of your own funds.
Good luck.

Epiphone
5th May 2012, 11:14
Hi,

Thanks for the replies,

I have been doing a lot of reading, trying to gather info from whatever source I can.
I have read about some bad stories regarding the DEWA bills some people have received. 5, 6, 7, 8 and even 9 thousand in one month. Massive changes from month to month without much change in usage. What have your dealings with DEWA been like with regards to bills?
I understand as well that each complex has maintenance fees and from what I have gathered the government has there hand out as well for service fees.
What are the "Extras" I could expect to pay on top of the usual mortgage?
If I cannot get everything to come in under the company allowance cap then it may not be such a good idea.

Once again thanks for all the comments.

E

Payscale
5th May 2012, 13:09
Arabian Ranches.
4 bed villa. Service fees 15000 per year.
Housing fee 0.5% of purchase value.
DEWA 2500 in the winter. 4500 in the summer

Epiphone
6th May 2012, 05:26
Hi Bubcat,

Thanks for the information regarding The Villa,
Can I ask, do you live in the Villa, are these numbers your bills or have you heard from someone else. We are interested in the Villa location but have read greatly varied numbers from yours

Thanks again,

Regards,

E

budcat
6th May 2012, 09:20
Hi, yeah I live in the villa mate. The prices are accurate for a Mazaya type villa. The other style Of villas are made by Dubai properties and the fees may be slightly different as the community fees are based on Built up area. The Mazaya villas start at 3600 sq feet built up on a 6000 sq foot plot. That is the smallest of all the villas there. Hope that helps