PDA

View Full Version : Ab Initio Training Confusion!

gregat273
3rd May 2012, 19:11
Firstly, this is my first post so Hi everyone!

I have been trawling the internet for some time looking for Ab Initio ATPL courses but only recently have I been in a position to start applying. Now I am in a bit of a mess trying to find the right course, in the right country, for the right price etc etc!

I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some direction! I don't mind studying abroad (I have worked on a few seamans visa's so not sure I would be eligible for entry into USA). I have been to numerous companies and have piles of notes, brochures etc.

The more obvious ones (OAA etc) all seem very good but the pricing for the courses are still a bit vague and I cannot work out whether they include landing fees, flying instruction etc. Does anybody know what the fees include?

I have also seen a few courses abroad which claim they train European pilots to European standards but looking deeper the courses are for CPL's and as far as I can gather, you must convert this into an ATPL at extra cost, can somebody clarify this?

Alot of questions and no doubt I will have more! What I really need is a simple to follow list of where I go from here! I have previous flying experience and started studying towards my PPL a number of years ago.

Thanks in advance!!!!

flying apple
4th May 2012, 14:38
Hi Gregat 273

i can only give you information about Sabena flight academy, know CAE global academy Brussels and compare to 2 other schools in Belgium with what i hear from friends who went there.

I think most, if not all, schools train students till their frozen atpl which is a cpl but you need at least 1500 hours before you have the complete cpl.