PDA

View Full Version : Initial PPL Training EFT

paulscott
2nd May 2012, 09:48
Hi All

Is anyone starting the Initial PPL training with European Flight Training, Florida on 4th June?

Looking forward to some hard studying but most of all the flying

shomas
2nd May 2012, 15:58
I'm starting my PPL at EFT the week after, on the 11th, hopefully I'll see you about!

paulscott
2nd May 2012, 19:34
Nice one, Have you got everything sorted? I got TSA clearance last week, and my Visa on Friday. Finally everything sorted. Yeah will see u in the academy probably. Good Luck in your training

shomas
4th May 2012, 10:44
Yeah I'm all done and dusted, ready to get going! :)
Take it you did your fingerprints over here too?

Can't wait now to be honest, hopefully I'll see you about! Probably end up trying to study air law or nav at the same time :ok:

paulscott
5th May 2012, 10:37
I did all my fingerprints 2 weeks ago. I work for British airways so I did mine when I was on a stateside trip. I passed my air law exam 2 days ago, guna start Human Performance and then start met. I wana get as many exams under my belt to take off some of the pressure. I've finished using my air law disc which I found helped after I read the whole manual. I will bring that over and pass it onto you. There's also a online website with a small fee that you can use with practise exams on there and that's a good help. Even now I'm in Boston with work, got my books with me and studying like mad. PM me an email address or something and keep in touch before and let me know when u arrive etc

Haka99
31st May 2012, 22:41
I am doing the multi engine rating starting 4th June so will no doubt catch up then. I'm staying in their Vero Beach accommodation, arrive Saturday 2nd.

Conor

ford cortina
2nd Jun 2012, 07:35
Folks, just a small amount of friendly advice, by someone who has been there several years ago.
Try to get ALL seven PPL Groundschool exams out the way, you will enjoy your training a whole lot more.:D

ct8282
2nd Jun 2012, 12:31
Folks, just a small amount of friendly advice, by someone who has been there several years ago.
Try to get ALL seven PPL Groundschool exams out the way, you will enjoy your training a whole lot more.:D

Absolutely what he said.

I did my PPL there last year and got all exams done before I went out. The flying alone was flipping hard work and I know that having to do the exams too would have killed me. I did finish my PPL in 18 days though. :ok:

Laurapintas
2nd Jun 2012, 16:28
Sorry guys to ask this but how did you do the exams before actually going there? As far as I read, we pay to do them there...

ct8282
2nd Jun 2012, 20:12
Sorry guys to ask this but how did you do the exams before actually going there? As far as I read, we pay to do them there...

They will refund you the fee ($30 when I went) for each exam that you have already passed.

I did 3 exams at Shoreham and 3 in Cambridge before going. Just be sure to get your form signed by the CFI of the FTO you do your exams at and take it with you.

Laurapintas
3rd Jun 2012, 15:53
Ok Thanks!