PDA

View Full Version : Skilled Occupation List & 457 Visas

Long Bay Mauler
2nd May 2012, 07:40
With all the news of Qantas making over 1000+ skilled aircraft engineers redundant recently and in the future, does the government still require having aircraft trades(mechanical,avionic & structures) on the wanted list for immigrants?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

Does AMSA and other like companies still require a workforce made up almost entirely of 457 visa holders, whilst Australian citizens/residents and taxpayers are being made redundant in the aviation industry,of which most are highly skilled?

Jethro Gibbs
2nd May 2012, 08:28
The List is nothing but a farce :ugh::mad::mad::mad:

ferris
2nd May 2012, 13:41
trea·son (trzn)
n.
1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

2. Disloyalty to, or betrayal of, one's own country.

Baileys
2nd May 2012, 14:53
Can a government commit treason against their own? My opinion - yes. The government must go then.

Cessna Master Beta
3rd May 2012, 02:21
How are the Qantas engineers going to go in GA :E Look forward to working with them. :}

baron_beeza
3rd May 2012, 05:08
Some of the Qantas guys may have come from GA and they may be able to slot back in ok if they have ratings on their licenses.
Somehow I have a feeling it is not going to upset the balance of the world too much all the same. Many GA hangars seem wary of taking on ex Air Force or airline staff, - they are generally seeking a wider range of skills..Broader may be the word that comes to mind.

I have worked for airlines in several places about the world, the attitude is certainly different to the can-do approach you see in GA. You just have to look at some of the replies on these various threads.....
What seems strange is that some of the more outspoken types seem to have such little grasp of English..... perhaps they are the guys that are more concerned about having to find a new job.
I think there may well be tough times ahead for many of us here. For a few others there will be a whole new world waiting, some will thrive.

GA is not exactly booming at the moment either though, there are still many good jobs coming along all the same.