PDA

View Full Version : 320 satcom system behavior if bill is not paid?

flame_bringer
2nd May 2012, 02:47
We have been struggling with a satcom fault on one of our aircraft for the past couple of days, Bite test shows no hardware fault, the system keeps searching for a GES and requests to logon then fails to log on then. Again tries another GES and again fails, There is no related CFDS fault message or Ecam message it just displays nearby the channels "not available for dispatch", and there is no TSM reference, MCC requested an antenna change which we did and still nill help, software ort table etc reintalled and again nill help, SDU was changed and no use and i doubt that its anything to do with the coaxial cable or the attenuator at the transmission line, as that would be detected during the bite test, I'm coming to believe that there is an overdue bill and because of which the service is deactivated, so does anyone have experience on this? What is the behavior of the system if bill is not paid?

Ben380
2nd May 2012, 05:37
Had same problem with one of our A380s. It turned out that aircrafts bill had not been paid. Pax unable to call out. Paid bill, problem fixed

AEUENG
2nd May 2012, 15:50
Surely just call you Satcom service provider (Satcom1 / Satcom direct or whoever) and they will advise you on your account status. Your symptoms are consistent with a suspended Satcom account.

flame_bringer
2nd May 2012, 22:39
Thank you all for your replies, I'm definitely convinced that the bill is overdue now because we are now having literally the same problem on another aircraft aswell (which I suppose they did not pay it's bill aswell).