PDA

View Full Version : CAP804 - son of LASORS released!

BEagle
1st May 2012, 16:23
The CAA has now released CAP 804: Flight Crew Licensing: Mandatory Requirements, Policy and Guidance.

This notifies the UK requirements for pilot licensing and is also a guide to the new European licensing requirements. It will be effective on 1st July 2012; LASORS will be withdrawn from that date. Unlike LASORS, CAP 804 will be amended by re-issuing, adding and deleting individual pages as required.
An A5 paper copy will also be available from The Stationery Office.

See http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP804.pdf but be aware that it's a 2.7Mb file.

Jim59
1st May 2012, 17:25
Quite an achievement. :rolleyes:

It is 756 pages long against 681 for LASORS - however, only the first 396 pages of LASORS covered the same ground - the rest of LASORS is Operational Requirements and Safety (ORS) (AICs, Safety Sense leaflets etc.) In effect CAP804 has 90% more pages!

What's missing? All of the information that will be in conversion reports such as for the IMCR and all the gliding conversion rules. It will get a lot bigger.

kestrel539
1st May 2012, 17:30
Its a pity you cannot go to relevant sub parts etc in one go as you could
with LASORS. Scrolling through the 750+ pages is something to be done
only on rainy days........and we don’t get many of those

Genghis the Engineer
1st May 2012, 17:55
Its a pity you cannot go to relevant sub parts etc in one go as you could
with LASORS. Scrolling through the 750+ pages is something to be done
only on rainy days........and we don’t get many of those

I can, seems exactly the same as LASORS in that regard.

G

stevelup
1st May 2012, 17:58
Its a pity you cannot go to relevant sub parts etc in one go as you could with LASORS.

You can - it's fully indexed. Which PDF viewer are you using? Just hit the Bookmarks toolbar in Adobe Reader. Very easy to find the bit you're looking for.

stevelup
1st May 2012, 17:58
Oops! I went to answer the door before hitting send!

kestrel539
1st May 2012, 18:01
A bit of playing with Foxit, and there it all was. Thanks

Angel_1_five
1st May 2012, 18:12
I'm trying to Renew my PPL A rating before end of june, i can't make out if its less involed under cap 804 or not oh well if it stops raining i should do it in time !

BEagle
1st May 2012, 19:30
I'm trying to Renew my PPL A rating before end of june

Huh?

Whatever does 'renewing' a 'PPL A rating' mean?

Angel_1_five
1st May 2012, 19:45
Sorry. Group A as it used to be SEP now. I'm sure you knew what i mean't :)

mad_jock
1st May 2012, 19:45
:D PPL pref A. BEagle even a JAR child like me knows that. Or in JAR speak PPL SEP

kevkdg
1st May 2012, 20:11
I have an NPPL(A) - SLMG to which I will add an SSEA rating before trading it in for an LAPL(A), or trade it by converting my NPPL(A) - SLMG to an LAPL(A) TMG as per the document and then adding a rating equivelent of 'SSEA', which I can't find listed, it just seems to be an LAPL(A).

What I can't find is info on cross crediting an LAPL(A) to EASA PPL aside from a section on theory which is fulfilled... What about flying time etc... Any ideas?

BEagle
1st May 2012, 20:23
Angel_1_five, do you mean 'renew your SEP Class Rating', 'revalidate your SEP Class Rating' or 'apply for re-issue of a PPL(A)'?

PPL pref A? Whatever does that mean?

kevkdg, see CAP 804 .pdf p140:

Specific requirements for applicants holding an LAPL(A). Applicants for a PPL (A) holding an LAPL(A) shall have completed at least 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the LAPL (A), of which at least 10 shall be flight instruction completed in a training course at an ATO. This training course shall include at least 4 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 2 hours of solo cross-country flight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM), during which full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made.

Angel_1_five
1st May 2012, 20:29
'renew your SEP Class Rating' thats the one . My licence is the valid for life one .

Cheers

kevkdg
1st May 2012, 20:51
cheers Beagle.

Finally

NPPL(A) SSEA > LAPL(A)
NPPL(A) SLMG > LAPL(A) TMG

If I have an NPPL(A) SLMG and SSEA i'll still only end up getting an LAPL(A) TMG. Where does the licence specify the equivelant SSEA type rating?

cheers

BEagle
1st May 2012, 21:15
The LAPL(A) does not have Class Ratings.

kevkdg
2nd May 2012, 08:35
Hi Beagle

I'm confused still.

Page 414 states conversion of NPPL(SLMG) to LAPL(A) with TMG Rating. So this suggests there is a rating associated with the LAPL.

However, an NPPL(SSEA) holder will simply get an LAPL(A).

If you hold an NPPL with both SLMG and SSEA ratings, how is that indicated on the new LAPL(A) licence?

Also, with regards to converting an LAPL(A) to a PPL(A) seems to include further 15 hours of instruction/supervised flight time.

Page 422 indicates that one can convert directly from NPPL(A)SLMG to a PPL(A) TMG only licence. Medical being the main difference.

peterh337
2nd May 2012, 14:21
Does anybody know who produced this document?

All indications I see, plus those I get from ex CAA people, is that most if not quite all of the people originally involved in FCL have left.

Certainly I have not get any meaningful reply to any FCL-technical question from the CAA in the last 2-3 years.