PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines booking system broken?

Hokulea
1st May 2012, 08:40
OK, I admit to flying with AA but given my location I have few options for finding reasonable flights between ITO (Hilo, HI) and LHR and a long stopover in California on the way back. I've not had a problem doing using multi-city bookings at AA until now - I've done this trip several times.

Just curious if anyone else is also getting the grief I have now (yes, I know AA is filing for bankruptcy and this might be part of the answer). For example:

27th June ITO -> LHR
9th July LHR -> LAX
16th July SBA -> ITO

I can get as far as choosing the flights and the seats but when it comes to paying I get a system error. I've tried numerous variations including replacing SBA with LAX, tried choosing by price rather than schedule and no matter what there's a system error whenever I try to pay or hold the flight.

Had a similar problem for a flight in May/June and the only way I managed to book the flight in the end was to go through Dallas (and hours on the phone with AA). That was fine for that trip but need to go through LA and SBA for the next one.

I've sent feedback to AA but am not hopeful of getting a reply. Just wondering if anyone is having a similar experience with AA when it comes to multi-city bookings and whether they managed to get things sorted.

Thanks.