PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Pilot Training

crazy_bird
1st May 2012, 07:14
Hey,
I have been looking at Emirates Aviation College, Dubai's Ab Initio Pilot Training Programme, it looks pretty promising. What are you views on the course?
Emirates Aviation College - Training Courses (http://www.emiratesaviationcollege.com/training.aspx)

Are there any current or past cadets of this course on this forum?

Aerouk
1st May 2012, 09:58
Wow that's an expensive course! £91,000+

Jerry Lee
1st May 2012, 10:35
Well, afterwards you should get your RHS on a EK flight deck. I would consider taking a loan if I could apply.

captain.weird
1st May 2012, 13:21
No job as a pilot @Emirates after the course.

keyur
6th May 2012, 11:18
Yea even i would like to hear about this course from someone who is doing it from there? Hows the course and are there any chances of getting selected by emirates?

crazy_bird
6th May 2012, 22:22
Must be token bird then, I haven't had a single pilot training lesson yet.
G-RICH, could you please tell me about the other academies, I would love to check them out.

Yes, I do agree its quite a hefty price. But I wanted to know, would the 'Emirates' tag name actually do me any good when i go job hunting?

and there is a slight glimmer of hope that EK would take me if I complete the course with flying colors..but yet again, its just a glimmer.

The money bit isint a problem for me, I'm just scared of the job hunting part.
I did talk to the people who are coordinating this course, and they were like on successful completion of this course you'll have the option of going for a BSc (hons) degree in aviation management which will be awarded by the uni of coventry.
But, they also say that it is just a one year course, so how can they call it a BSc(hons) degree course?

They also said, if you wanted to, you could become an instructor at the academy at portugal and build hours there 'for free', and they framed it as if it is an option for you, and if you do opt for it, it is guaranteed.

Could someone also please tell me, if airlines recognize piston hours?

737-NG
7th May 2012, 06:28
Forget about them man, it's just a fancy name for an incredible price. I trained in the U.S. with guys from the United Emirates, Dubai that is, plus one girl from Abu Dhabi, and they confirmed to me that it was an overpriced and overated school. And don't even think about going to Emirates Airlines after that, you need at least 4000h and half of them being on big jets. Your only chance would be to start as SO with Ethihad, they hire with minimum hours if you are a national, but then again, you'd have to pass the selection. Good luck.