PDA

View Full Version : Who will Be The Liberal Aviation Minister?

Sunfish
30th Apr 2012, 20:53
Now that the Gillard Government is finished, who will be Abbots aviation Minister? Will we see any improvement?

Wunwing
30th Apr 2012, 21:36
Unfortunately there will not be an Aviation minister but as per usual a Minister for Transport and Infrastructure.
Labor always appoint a member who has a near airport electorate and Libs always a Nationals farmer who is interested in exporting produce.

Wunwing

teresa green
30th Apr 2012, 22:25
In our dreams it would be Xenophon, but of course he is not in the lower house, not a Lib, though he leans that way, but he is by far the most interested in aviation transport. Who knows who they will get, in the lap of the Gods, but at least a new broom.

lk978
30th Apr 2012, 23:39
Peter Slipper because he is used to getting ..... just like the industry

VH-XXX
1st May 2012, 01:09
I think he is the pitcher. He certainly can pitch a good story.

LeadSled
1st May 2012, 02:25
Folks,
Unless something strange happens (and unprecedented), the next Minister for Transport (the breakup of "Infrastructure" is likely) will be Warren Truss. This is in accord with traditional Liberal/National arrangements.
Tootle pip!!

PA39
1st May 2012, 02:29
IK978....I like that one!:)

tail wheel
1st May 2012, 05:00
Interesting LeadSled, but I hope not. With amalgamation of the Liberal and National Parties in Queensland, I suspect the Nationals will have a far lower profile in the Federal Coalition. And Truss is now LNP, not National.

Clearly Albanese outshone Anderson, but Truss could be a clear winner, based on past performance. :{

Frank Arouet
1st May 2012, 05:35
Watch the "dark horse" in the race, (if accepting that poison chalice is worth racing for), one Barnaby Joyce who is seeking a Lower House Seat for The National Party. Does this put him up for Deputy Prime Minister if Truss is out of centre stage?

Neville Nobody
1st May 2012, 05:42
one Barnaby Joyce who is seeking a Lower House Seat for The National Party

Talk is of a challenge to Tony Windsor, my money would be on Tony.

Andy_RR
1st May 2012, 08:15
Perhaps Clive could do the job...? :}

Frank Arouet
1st May 2012, 09:30
Clive owns an aeroplane at least. Should be a shoe in considering Albo only wants to fight "Tories" which includes "$billionaire's" like me in "the Nation's interest".

gobbledock
1st May 2012, 11:50
Howabout, M Quinn coming back?????

Jabawocky
1st May 2012, 12:26
Maybe the Chardonnay of the west is clouding my take on this,but are you saying Barnaby will be a DS puppet?:eek:

PS Dispite fixing my ipad finger troubles, I swear there was some other cryptic message about who was who in the zoo......;)

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st May 2012, 21:51
And what makes you so sure Labor won't get back in next election???

ps. Did you hear the forecast for hell is supposed to be -5deg C?:}:p

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd May 2012, 01:24
Yep! And can reach -20C in winter.....

'Hell train station is situated at a railway junction where the Nordlandsbanen rail line north to Bodø branches off from the Meråkerbanen between Trondheim and Storlien, Sweden. Hell Station is currently a manned railway station.'

:ok:

The Canberra 'Hell', on the other hand........ :ugh::confused:

TBM-Legend
2nd May 2012, 03:08
Bob Katter.....:ok:

Howard Hughes
2nd May 2012, 05:53
In our dreams it would be Xenophon, but of course he is not in the lower house, not a Lib, though he leans that way,
You don't need to be in the lower house to be a minister, nor do you need to be a member of the party! I can't really see it happening, although a mail campaign may be in order!:ok:

aroa
2nd May 2012, 06:26
Taily... Did you mean Albo outdid Anderson in the "do nothing" stakes.??
They might think the sun shines from their respective fundamentals, but it has remained very dark in GA, still under the CASA cloud.:{ during both.

Truss... as in bridge girder...can't recall much light there either. Will he 'shine' again.? Doubtful.

-5C in CB.? So? Bit like CASA really...that's a colossal snow job where the changes are slower than Antarctic glacial.:(

Was it ever thus.

Jack Ranga
2nd May 2012, 06:37
Clearly Albanese outshone Anderson

Anderson was a complete clusterf@#+ but I'm not sure Albanese is any better?

Read my post again. I am not disagreeing with you. Nor do I believe Truss would be any improvement! :{

TW

LeadSled
3rd May 2012, 04:13
And Truss is now LNP, not National.With respect, it can all be a bit confusing --- one his web site, it quotes both "The Nationals" and the LNP.

In the Federal sphere, Truss is parliamentary leader of the Nationals, and my information is that the traditional arrangements will apply.

Indeed, the Nationals improved their position at the last election, and I doubt Abbott will want to do anything to upset the balance, despite a few Libs. getting quite fractious --- the last thing Abbott wants is three cornered contests, with Nationals and Liberals splitting the non-Labor/Watermelon vote.

Tootle pip!!