PDA

View Full Version : Question for IFR instructors NZ

corky121
30th Apr 2012, 03:28
Hi all

Quick query regarding IFR currency in NZ in regards to exam credits.

I hold a un-current MECIR in NZ on my CPL, I haven't sat a renewal since i sat the initial issue a few years back.

My question is im coming up to 5 years since the initial issue, am i correct in thinking that after the 5 years passes since my initial issue, as part of a renewal would a have to re-sit the IFR law exam? im not sure if this is a old rule or not and has been changed or ammended when the last changes were made to exam credits a few years back.

I have had a look at the rules on the caa website and can only see it referring to once the exam credit is gained that you have 3 years to pass the flight check before it expires.

It may make a difference to me spending a few grand in the next month or delaying it a few months

Thanks for your help

VH-VIN
30th Apr 2012, 06:39
Good news, you do not have to redo your exams, just a renewal required, Think about doing a GPS rating as NDB not required and we dont use them any more in this country, well most people dont.

Abu Bebo
1st May 2012, 10:29
Part 61.37 states that if you haven't done a BFR for your licence in the past 5 years then you have to pass an approved Air Law exam. The rating is renewed by a flight test, as stated above.

A.B.