PDA

View Full Version : CPL Multi...

Duchess_Driver
28th Apr 2012, 09:43
I have heard a little rumour that future CPL's will not be issued unless the applicant has Multi-time.

Searched the usual places and can't find anything to substantiate this, and hope that it is not the case. Can't see any logical reason why this should ever be the case. Is the rumouree mis hearing/mis quoting something much less offensive?

Anybody got any comments.

S-Works
28th Apr 2012, 09:52
That was alluded to recently when I was talking to the CAA about making our CPL & ME manuals EASA Part FCL compliant. I have now included ME time in our CPL outline so we can choose either path.

FlyingStone
28th Apr 2012, 11:35
Is this UK CAA-specific or are you talking EASA-wide?

I fail to see any good reason why a CPL holder would require training or any amount of time in a multi-engine aircraft anyway on principle - unless he/she is planning to fly one after the issue of his new licence? And in any case - he/she could do it by simply adding MEP rating on already issued licence.

Genghis the Engineer
28th Apr 2012, 12:15
I can only guess that some halfwit somewhere believes that the only commercial work you'd do in singles is flight instruction, which no longer requires a commercial licence.

Complete cobblers of course, but you can understand why a less than bright eurocrat who thinks the entire world revolves around Airbus and its products would think that.

G

Cobalt
28th Apr 2012, 13:29
It is almost certainly one of the mistakes in EASA FCL, but unfortunately it is law, stupid as it may seem. To quote Genghis: Halfwit, yes, but not the result of deliberate action/"thinking". Or, to quote Napoleon, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

The requirement for 6 hours ME time is ONLY in the CPL modular course (EASA-FCL, Appendix 3, Section E.12.(d)), and is part of the 200 hours experience required for CPL issue if you follow the modular route.

This is inconsistent with the AMC to EASA-FCL Appendix 3 Section E, where the section on ME training for the modular course starts with the words "If required...."

For integrated training, there are no experience requirements, only training requirements, and none of the integrated courses (ATPL - Section A, CPL/IR - Section C, and CPL - Section D) have ANY specific multi-engine time mentioned, although the skill test can be undertaken in a ME aircraft, and for the ATPL the IR skill test HAS to be undertaken in an ME aircraft.

This is, of course, crazy.

Whopity
29th Apr 2012, 12:40
This is the inevitable result of allowing people with no relevant knowledge or experience to micromanage detail that has no place in legislation.

FCL 305 provides a plain simple answer:FCL.305 CPL — Privileges and conditions

(b) Conditions. An applicant for the issue of a CPL shall have fulfilled the requirements for the class or type rating of the aircraft used in the skill test.