PDA

View Full Version : Olympic exercise in May

Dagenhamdave
27th Apr 2012, 21:33
heads up
Just released from MOD.

Olympic Air Security (http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/olympic-air-security-27042012)

Might keep my ear defence handy :-)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
28th Apr 2012, 08:30
<<RAF Typhoon, RAF Puma, Royal Navy and Army Lynx and target aircraft, will fly between 4,000ft and 2,000ft above ground level for the majority of the Exercise to de-conflict with existing civilian air movements over London>>

Thank God I'm retired. The thought of a Typhoon bombing around London at low level is not pleasant!

Guest 112233
30th Apr 2012, 16:14
Only an SLF, but if HD expresses an opnion in this context; everybody should lift up their ear flaps.

Heathrow is not the only airport in close proximity to London. Any informed opnion in this sort of thing will help the debate.

Thanks B.

Lanc53
30th Apr 2012, 20:58
I hear that the government are going to put surface to air missiles around London. I presume this is meant to be a deterrent??
Is this wise? If the missiles are fired, how they are going to stop a large aircraft falling apart over a heavily populated part of the City or the suburbs?As someone who works in and travels through east London I don’t take any comfort from this at all.
Oh, and it’s not me complaining about having them on my roof, I can’t afford to live in London anymore.
Lanc53