PDA

View Full Version : Setting up and running a B737 classic and NG Simulators

DRPAM007
27th Apr 2012, 00:00
Hello Guys just throwing a line here, apologies if this is not the right place for this thread but I need some help with this.
I'm expecting to be part of a group trying to acquire and set up a Full flight Simulator training centre in West Africa. The plan is start with 1 B737 classic and 1 NG FFS. We have some team working on the required CAA TRTO and other regulatory approvals, which appears to be pretty straight forward.
I need help from anyone with experience/knowledge with regards to : Cost and logisctics for acquisition and running, obvious pitfalls and not so obvious pitfalls involved. Cost of training technicians. e.t.c any info at all will be appreciated.

ZFT
27th Apr 2012, 08:49
We have some team working on the required CAA TRTO and other regulatory approvals, which appears to be pretty straight forward.I would stop right there. As of April 2012 if you mean the UK CAA, they will no longer issue any approvals outside of the UK as this is now EASA responsibility and regulatory approvals are anything but straightforward either. I would suggest that your team needs to reassess this area, but we aware that for any FFS undergoing an Initial evaluation the JAA/EASA regs mandate that they conform to the latest standards both in terms of aircraft data and FFS standards. This applies to 'old' as well as new.

There are some excellent training centres within your Continent and I would suggest visiting them and 'picking their brains' as a start.

DRPAM007
28th Apr 2012, 12:07
Thanks ZFT, however the regulator in this case is primarily the Nigerian CAA which operates under ICAO standards but sometimes can't make up their mind between tilting towards EASA or FAA.
Of course, there's been some data from some African operators but not man of the are keen to see this Projet off the ground as it is invariably some sort of competition.
The idea is to gather as much info possible from many sources because few organisations will rarely tell you what they are doing wrong or serous mistakes they've made in the past ( commercially sensitive) but individual can give advise and opinions based on experience without necessarily identifying themselves or the operator.
Best regards.