PDA

View Full Version : PA28-180 Share

UAV689
26th Apr 2012, 13:51
Hello all

we have shares available in our PA28-180 at Elstree for the summer!

Come and join us at the historic Hatfield Flying Club (Hatfield Flying Club - Home (http://www.hatfieldflyingclub.com)). Great friendly group, with excellent availablility, (flew only 150 hrs last year), 10 years left on engine with engine fund well on track.

Good tourer cruises at 115 knots.

Dont be put off by Elstree!

£1500 a share, £75 per hour wet, inc landing fees at elstree.

Please get in touch via PM or our website, get flying for summer! (if it stops raining that is!)

UAV

(PS Mods - hope i am not breaking any rules, we are a non profit group, a workers club for the old BAe Hatfield site, help us keep this remant of hatfield going!)

Genghis the Engineer
26th Apr 2012, 14:09
(PS Mods - hope i am not breaking any rules, we are a non profit group, a workers club for the old BAe Hatfield site, help us keep this remant of hatfield going!)

Advertising isn't permitted, with the sole exception of private flying syndicates like yours.

G

UAV689
26th Apr 2012, 14:13
Thanks Pprune and Genghis

JOE-FBS
27th Apr 2012, 15:18
Hello UAV,

What level of avionics fit does it have, please?

Do you have any idea, please, how it compares to a 160 HP Warrior II i.e. with the later wing?

Thanks

Joe

18greens
27th Apr 2012, 23:11
From my memory the Cherry 180 is a punchy number. Good weight carrying and short field capability. Easily better than a Warrior 160. It would be my choice.

Sounds like a good deal especially since 75gbp per hour is the cost of the fuel.

thing
28th Apr 2012, 05:35
I fly the 161 Warrior II and the 180 Cherokee. The 180 gets off the ground a lot quicker and has probably another 200fpm roc. Would say it cruises best at 105-110 indicated rather than 115 although obviously I haven't flown the Elstree one. Handles much the same IMO despite the 'slab v tapered wing'. Or maybe I'm not sensitive enough to tell the difference!

UAV689
29th Apr 2012, 15:57
She certainly does leap off the ground! This one is also slightly unusual in that it has windows in the roof of the cabin, which makes lookout a bit better and makes the cabin feel brighter which I like

Your right the flying cost is basically the cost of fuel. The ethos of the group is to offer affordable flying for the working man, carried on from the days of Hatfield, a year ago it was on 65 an hour, but avgas increases has forced us to increase - hopefully it will come down again and we can lower the cost again.

she has a decent fit, vor/dme 2 comms, gps, adaware is in aircraft as well for members use. Certainly better than most club aircraft but a lot cheaper!

To give you an idea of availability - last may/June I did about 50 hours in 5 weeks or so! there is a pretty slick online booking system. Give me a shout if you have any questions

Unblonde
3rd May 2012, 20:47
Just perused the website and of course last thing I saw was the 100 hr requirement.

So... is that PIC time, total time, or one of those two after license issue?
And is it avoidable (like for a higher excess). I'm waddling along at around 12:30 PIC, 49 dual with a freshly minted PPL (also on a PA-28 though).

Thanks,

Alex

BEagle
3rd May 2012, 22:35
I far prefer the slab wing PA28 to the tapered wing.

The PA28-180 is a pleasure to fly, but does rather like the taste of Avgas if you cruise at much above 110KIAS....

That looks like a lovely little aeroplane, UAV689 - so much better than a boring Warrior.