PDA

View Full Version : EK Hold Pool (FO's)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kernow 101
26th Apr 2012, 07:30
Starting this thread for anyone who has received the email offer, but no course date yet. Or anyone at EK who might have some inside info, and can share some info.

Interviewed in Feb, and it seems like (bar a couple of Bus rated guys who were given CCQ courses in June) everyone from this time has been put on hold for the full course dates. EK have promised a course date in 1 to 2 weeks again! But this would be the 3rd time of promising, and it would be nice to have a little bit more info.

I am guessing that they are prioritising the remaining course slots for DEC, who seem to be being offered courses for June & July. The last FO course position I heard of being offered before this 'freeze' was August.

Or is it the availability of courses that is the problem, as they appear to outsource and thus could be renegotiating the contracts with these institutions?

If they are going to wait until the DEC positions have gone through before hiring FOs again, does anyone have an accurate idea on the DEC numbers? Last I heard was 75 positions open to offer on this round. Have they been running the interviews every week again for the DECs? (same as they were for the FO's). Or will they run the rating courses for FO & Capt side by side, and thus split the allocation of course dates each month.

Seems to me everything recruitment wise has been frozen on the FO side, no selection or PSP days since end of FEB. Seems strange considering recruitment said they would need 500+ again this year?

EK380
26th Apr 2012, 08:38
Kerniw,

Hiring 120 DEC for now. Might change.

All of the planning of the near future courses will probably change due to delays in the A380 deliveries. Looks like EK will take any further 380 deliveries until a final fix is found for the wing problems. This will likely affect the whole hiring plan.

moneyhoon
26th Apr 2012, 09:18
Swimming since early March. Same info as you Kernow.

bigdaviet
26th Apr 2012, 10:10
'Swimming' since late march with same info as you guys

atiuta
26th Apr 2012, 10:35
Were the precise words "promised" actually used?

Slow down probably due shortage of trainers, simulators and no doubt a priority on DEC's.

Kernow 101
26th Apr 2012, 10:42
Were the precise words "promised" actually used?

No, those are my words.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Just looking for an avenue to share more info between others in the same position, and maybe gain some from current EK employees.

Kernow 101
26th Apr 2012, 12:58
The upside of your situation is you get to enjoy the civilised* roads, civilised service, civilised behaviour and all the rest of the benefits of home for that little bit longer.

Your right, depends on where you are coming from..............currently in one of Europe's largest countries and enjoy none of the above :hmm: Except cheap wine :\

groundtoflightdeck
26th Apr 2012, 13:15
The roads and infrastructure come at a cost... 40% of my gross income to tax... I'll take the heat! But would miss that winter deep freeze at -25C... You'll probably find me at the indoor ski hill in shorts and sandals...;)

jonjon
26th Apr 2012, 15:54
+1

Got my interview in Dubai in late February, same couple of emails received, the last one about being sent an update "in 2/3 weeks" (thats was 4 weeks ago)

Let's wait and see although it would be nice to have a rough idea of the waiting time ahead of us

jj

EKJR
26th Apr 2012, 22:00
I was Hired in March, and received another email saying 1-2 more weeks for course date. From what I gathered the DEC are getting worked through first. From the CC that interviewed me, he said it is a nightmare, due to there high standards for DEC's.

Patiently waiting

smiler68
29th Apr 2012, 21:44
Passed PSP in early february and just got an email today giving me a course start date for the bus in late august. Hooray:ok:

Kernow 101
30th Apr 2012, 06:57
Congrats smiler. Was that for the full course? Or CCQ.

I just got another delay email yesterday :(

flymaybe
30th Apr 2012, 07:19
Hi Kernow,

Got same as you. Did you put 777 as your preference? I did so can only assume those are full for now and thats why we are waiting. Never mind, don't mind waiting a bit longer if i get a Boeing.

Kernow 101
30th Apr 2012, 07:43
Didn't really discuss preference in the interview, as they said everyone was going on Bus until after summer. I said that was fine, so I guess they put me down as Bus? (currently 737)

jonjon
30th Apr 2012, 09:33
Got the same delay email yesterday.

I was there in late Feb so I guess nothing until September earliest for me.

Kernow 101
1st May 2012, 20:28
Heard a rumour that EK are refusing anymore 380 deliveries until the compensation issue and current inspection cycle is addressed? (is it true there is currently a 27 day inspection after every 100 cycles?)

Tight Seat
1st May 2012, 22:23
Also swimming.

Has anyone had any luck contacting HR? My emails get no reply.

It was all one big rush in Dubai " we need you now" , kind of takes the shine off with the 'wait out' emails.

ironbutt57
2nd May 2012, 04:34
I do know that if you are 'bus rated, you may be awaiting their new "short conversion" course thats being formulated as we speak...hence the dunk in the pool for a bit....

Tight Seat
2nd May 2012, 04:46
Ah, things change every 5 mins ! Yup A321 is my transport. Cheers for the info.

sleepless in seattle
3rd May 2012, 22:38
Samo samo,

Successfully completed my PSP early March in Dubai.
Boeing widebody rated. Had two emails thus far from HR indicating their optimism to set a course date, but due to 'operational changes', this has been delayed. Last email from EK 29th April.
Haven't made any attempt to contact them. I'm sure they'll get around to letting us know when our number comes up.
Hope you get the planes you want.

EKJR
6th May 2012, 10:18
I agree, and hope you do as well!

vapp125
6th May 2012, 16:04
Hi all,

What is the average waiting time between selection in Dubai and final answer?

Vapp125

EKJR
6th May 2012, 18:26
I knew in 2 weeks that I got the job. Still waiting course date. Interviewed Feb 28th.

Tight Seat
9th May 2012, 14:05
Just pushing this thread back up the list. Has any 'swimmer' had the good news yet?

EKJR
9th May 2012, 14:35
My buddy on the inside just informed me that it is due to the airbus 380, Being down for the 27 day inspections. As soon as they come up with the deal with airbus to fix the issue, They will have a better idea of when do a sign class dates. If you're in the pool you're good to go, And they are still actively recruiting pilots for further aircraft deliveries

Craggenmore
9th May 2012, 15:44
330 FO's waiting for transfer to 380 that you are going to replace. So no movement for us = no movement for you..........

EKJR
9th May 2012, 16:08
Yes that is my understanding that's how it works.

jonjon
9th May 2012, 16:11
Hi Craggenmore,

Does it mean only 330 FOs are recruited for the foreseeable future?

I was hoping for 777 so I hope not...

Craggenmore
9th May 2012, 16:26
Shared a car into work with 2 Recruiters last month - Was told all foreseeable recruitment will be for 330 FO's.

I'm guessing that DEC 's will predominantly go to 777 (note boeing experience required for DEC applications) thereby reducing 777 upgrades for current FO's that will come to the fore in a few years time.............thereby new hires needed for 330 whilst current 330 FO's transfer to 380.

White Knight
9th May 2012, 16:45
Because of course the Classic 'Bus will be around for far longer than originally planned:cool:

jonjon
9th May 2012, 16:48
Thanks for the quick response and information Craggenmore...
Airbus it will be then!

Craggenmore
9th May 2012, 17:07
jonjon - dont be scared of the 330. Not sure how it will pan out for new hires but lots of Fo's doing around 45 hours per month. My last year averaged out at under 50/month

Fleet also keeps emailing me to take leave so if you don't initially get what you want when you bid, dont panic - you might well be offered it anyhow :ok:

Great skippers and a chilled vibe.

The only problem is that my wife is unhappy because I'm not away enough!

airbuddy
14th May 2012, 13:00
Hello guys,

any news for those who are swimming in the pool for quite a while, such as a couple o'months? I am wondering how long I will have to wait as well...
cheers!
AB

enthusiast
14th May 2012, 15:32
Shared a car into work with 2 Recruiters last month - Was told all foreseeable recruitment will be for 330 FO's.

I'm guessing that DEC 's will predominantly go to 777 (note boeing experience required for DEC applications) thereby reducing 777 upgrades for current FO's that will come to the fore in a few years time.............thereby new hires needed for 330 whilst current 330 FO's transfer to 380.

Mr. Craggenmore,

Could I understand your mention above as EK will concentrate on hiring A330 FO for a while? and would A320 rating help me to be shortlisted for A330 FO even now as focusing on DEC? If I could know the right time to apply as a A320 FO, it will be really helpful. That's it. Thank you.

enthusiast

minwas
15th May 2012, 08:17
...lalalalaaaaa
Lalalalaaaaaa
Lalalalaaaaaaa, tralalalaaaaaaa...

Swimming in the pool makes so much fun

Tight Seat
17th May 2012, 13:02
Seems like the pool is getting deeper.

Reading the posts about the 380, it looks like a long wait for us. A Spanish chap I know has just had his 330 cse changed to the 777. Also heard some guys are working in the office whilst waiting for the type rating cse.

Oh well!

airbuddy
17th May 2012, 13:06
How long you been in the pool?

Tight Seat
17th May 2012, 13:21
End of March

Easy Ryder
17th May 2012, 16:42
Tight Seat, guys are in the office because courses are overbooked to counter no shows. On occasion everyone turns up and someone volunteers to do office duties till the next course. Been like this for a long time.

Tight Seat
17th May 2012, 18:36
Cheers Easy. Sorry for drawing the wrong conclusion .

flymaybe
17th May 2012, 19:40
Hi tight seat,

When is your friends course date, and when did he go thru interview process? Might help those of us treading water to know how far back this goes.

Cheers

airbuddy
18th May 2012, 07:39
Do I have to expect any email update from HR about the waiting time after confirmation email or do I have to just wait in silence? Just wondering...
Thanx guys

White and Blue
18th May 2012, 13:47
Received a standard e-mail update 3 weeks ago, nothing since. Interviewed mid March.

Is anyone who interviewed in Jan or Feb still waiting for a course date?

EKJR
18th May 2012, 13:52
I interviewed on february 28th. still patiently waiting.............. and waiting

White and Blue
18th May 2012, 14:09
Hopefully EKJR you're near the top of the waiting list & the rest of us are not too far behind...

Kernow 101
18th May 2012, 14:10
Mid feb and still waiting. I know of some guys who interviewed the week before and have course dates for August or July, so I think my week were the first into the pool:ugh:

Have not heard of anyone who has course dates for Sept onwards.

EKJR
18th May 2012, 14:18
yeah I guess we'll keep treading water. the good news is the hottest part of the summer will be about over when we start class, which ends in september.

EKJR
18th May 2012, 14:22
I just spoke with my buddy the other day, he said that they have classes and new students every week. and do to the a 380 issue it is delayed most of the guys going from the 330 over. but they are going to be short pilots if they can't get a call through class at the first part of the year from what I understand. He is on 777

Craggenmore
19th May 2012, 13:25
Could I understand your mention above as EK will concentrate on hiring A330 FO for a while? and would A320 rating help me to be shortlisted for A330 FO even now as focusing on DEC? If I could know the right time to apply as a A320 FO, it will be really helpful. That's it. Thank you.

I'm not really sure how recruitment plan things! no one does - its a mysterious department..!

When I joined we had 737 guys doing 330 ratings and 320 guys doing 777 ratings - I think its a case of where pilots are needed at that predicted moment.

Since I last posted about hearing that all new recruits would be going onto the 330, other posters, who are on hold, seem to know more about the current situation which is that 330 courses are now being switched to the 777, but we have at least 2 changes per week here..!

Good luck..!

and do to the a 380 issue it is delayed most of the guys going from the 330 over

:{:{:{:{:{:{

Jetaim
19th May 2012, 14:08
Well you are still on time... did you resigned ? Withdraw you resignations if you still can and stay where you are. Nothing good coming out of EK and Dubai in the near future.. This delay is a symptom of impending problems. You have been warned. If you are unemployed or desperate..that is another story.

jonjon
19th May 2012, 15:09
Jetaim

Well you are still on time... did you resigned ? Withdraw you resignations if you still can and stay where you are. Nothing good coming out of EK and Dubai in the near future.. This delay is a symptom of impending problems. You have been warned. If you are unemployed or desperate..that is another story.

Jetaim,

Not sure how bad it really is in Dubai for you, but if you have left hand seat experience you should know that my company is recruiting, it's a big european loco, from Ireland. It has a very good reputation, I promise they will treat you fairly and base you in the country of your choice.

We are not debating here whether we should join or not, our decision is made so please post relevant information or keep your opinion to yourself...

Thanks for the word of advice however.

enthusiast
19th May 2012, 15:51
Craggenmore, I really appreciate. :):)

airbuddy
22nd May 2012, 17:01
No news then??

AB

Jetaim
24th May 2012, 00:57
EX 380 blah blah... have you solved you inferiority complex?

Jetaim
24th May 2012, 07:20
I have some doubts. Unfortunately you cannot change your outer.. or inner stature or the dimension of some other anatomical parts. You are perfect for EK.. I feel sorry for you habibi.

fatbus
24th May 2012, 08:12
Are you two competing to see who's is smaller ?

bigdaviet
24th May 2012, 11:44
Keep this on topic for gods sake!

Anyone heard anything?

Silence is deafening!

Easy Ryder
24th May 2012, 12:02
Yes, a mate of mine got a call today to ask when he last flew (Boeing rated). (Passed FO selection late Feb.)

Was told to expect a course date shortly.

fatbus
24th May 2012, 12:49
Still lots of guys walking around the training collage waiting for uniforms, seem most are doing the 777. AB , as far as I know, out sourced. 330 new hires until at least Oct, after that who knows.
380 is the big ? right now, they could come to an arrangement and IT will hit the fan. Short of trainers on the 777, cadets not getting much flying.
Just had a look at June OMG,I think it might be the worst roster I have ever had. I'm not sure but I also think all AB hiring is CCQ 320 to 330, cost savings

maghy
25th May 2012, 14:30
Hi guy's

For your information i have been called yesterday to strart in august on the 777(fo). Had my final interview in dxb in March. Hope this helps those of you still waiting, there is hope !;)

a/p-off
25th May 2012, 15:30
Hi Maghy,

Can you tell what did they asked to you?
Did they offered more than one start date to you?
I'm spaniard, and I'm living in Panama, so they will call me at 300 to 500am,( I can't speak any language, mother or foreign so early:=) so I need to make up my mind and figure out what they are going to tell me and the options offered.:ok:

Thank you in advance.

Good flights

Tight Seat
25th May 2012, 16:43
Maghy,

Thanks for posting your good news. Congrats.

TS

maghy
26th May 2012, 23:21
Actually they didn't ask for anything. Just saying they had a course date for me ( Just one, no choice). So if you can say "Yes i'll be there" you should be fine, even at 3 am ;). Good luck and see u in the desert.

Kernow 101
28th May 2012, 18:15
Any FO's getting course dates for Sept or Oct yet? Boeing or Bus.

Maghy,

You appear to have some luck there bud! Congrats! I know a few Boeing rated guys from selection in Feb still waiting! Do you have notice period to work? (just wondering why you were called when there are plenty waiting who interviewed before you?):E:ok:

maghy
28th May 2012, 23:05
Well actually i was within the psp program. Had my first interview in october. Then a sim in december. So it seemed to be a pretty long road to me already.
But to answer your question , i have been unemployed ( available in other words ) since september and haven't flown since then ( in a jar 25 ) . So the almost a year period might be a hint as to why they picked me. So apologies to anyone i might have overtaken but i didn't do the planning :\ and then again i'm getting pretty eager to work :ugh: i'm Boeing rated too.
M.

Al Murdoch
29th May 2012, 11:16
From EK quite recently:
"...not able to offer courses at the moment. Courses are being offered recently to people who went for the assessment in Late Jan/Early Feb and all courses are filled to the end of September."

zerotohero
29th May 2012, 11:49
I applied for interview last week for F/O position and was sent the auto response of short listed for next selection process

Anyone apply recently and get an interview or is it 100% on hold now until they are done with DEC stuff?

LHR Rain
29th May 2012, 17:37
Pilots interested in EK.
I have posted on the 380 thread the same message as I will write here.
Do not join EK on the mini Bus. It will kill you.
You might think it is better at EK than at your Low Cost airline but it is not rosy in the sand. If you do join on the Bus you will be stuck there for about
5-6 years doing night turn arounds in the middle of the night to crap places. You will be very tired. Is this what you want. Think about it

Easy Ryder
29th May 2012, 18:45
For new joiners Ex a380 is right, 330 rosters are relatively sweet at the moment. I havnt had a rostered night turn, except when on reserve, since nov. With some seniority and taking the time to bid correctly, you should be able to do the same. When you first join however you will fly mostly crud, because your the most junior on the fleet.

For Capts however, Lhr rain is correct. And you won't be in that seat for at least 4- 5 years, (if the 330 is still around), and more likely after 2 years you'll be on the double decker.

vfenext
30th May 2012, 02:41
Agreed, looking at the 330 rosters and they are very good for FO's and A340 even better. Plenty of days off and top 3 bid groups get most of what you want. Capt's are being flogged which is why FO's are delaying commands til things improve.

CR9
30th May 2012, 08:08
I'm not sure what kind of dumps you guys were flying at before but the rosters at EK (on main fleet) are far from great. When I show them to some of my buddies from our western competitors they just laugh.

cerbus
30th May 2012, 08:14
Yes it is bad here but it is good for the likes of Ex 380, Craggenmore and Limp Ryder. After all look where they came from, this is pradise compared to what they tolerated back home. ****e for a lot of us but good for the soft c0ck$. Just ask them, they are happy. Either good drugs, ignorance, or suffering from delusion that keeps them happy but probably a combination of all of the above.

Easy Ryder
30th May 2012, 08:30
LOL nice one Cerbus. From the guy who thinks he's a slave, obviously blind to the real hardships of the blue and orange suited uniformed men.

I'm assuming thats the reason for the childish name insult, based on my comment on the other thread.

Also how do u presume to know where I worked before? I don't even know you. And 'Easy Ryder' is a movie i liked from back in the day nothing to do with a previous company.

To all newbies, children like Cerbus definitely exist, but their 'testicular fortitude' only appears from behind their keyboard. Almost all guys i've flown with have been cool.

Emirates, like anything in life is based on ones own perspective. Just because some think it's $#!t doesn't mean it is, and just because I like it (dont get me wrong there's things about this place that frustrate me, but overall....) doesn't mean you will. Unfortunately your going to have to experience it for yourself and then decide.

EKJR
30th May 2012, 10:29
Had my Interview end of Feb. Got an email saying all classes full till end of September, and can't offer anything yet. Confused as to why folks who interviewed after have slots? I met and exceeded all mins.

minwas
3rd Jun 2012, 18:27
Has anyone any idea what the f:mad: is going on down there?

How long do we still have to wait for a course date?

Tight Seat
4th Jun 2012, 09:54
Have any Feb/Early March people had the call yet?

MagicCarpet
4th Jun 2012, 14:20
My guess is the guys left swimming in the pool without class dates were probably slated for the Airbus, but now with the 380 wing crack thing they’re trying to figure out where to put you.

If the 380s quit coming, a lot of you will get the 777 (good).

If the 380s keep coming, a lot of you will go to the short bus (not so good), then the 380 after a couple years (good).

Kernow 101
5th Jun 2012, 11:55
Have any Feb/Early March people had the call yet?

Nope, Nada, Nothing, nought ...................... :}

groundtoflightdeck
5th Jun 2012, 12:11
Anyone in the circle of trust know where the CCQ program is? Aside from the A380 issues could getting that program launched start draining the pool?

I really need you guys in the pool to get start dates so they can start refilling the pool;)

theflyer1971
5th Jun 2012, 17:15
First week of March here.. Still no word.. I hope no news is good news in this case..:ugh:

moneyhoon
5th Jun 2012, 21:34
Feb and nada......

a/p-off
6th Jun 2012, 10:54
Interview was on mid march, last email on april 28th, still swimming...:{

Regards to everybody

Orvilles dad
7th Jun 2012, 20:50
Orville, the 'bus driver, attended DXB in early March, stayed the full period, had a good exit interview and was told he was in, subject to references and medical tests being o.k.

Thereafter, deafening silence. We guess "no news is good news" and that he is in the Hold Pool. After all, surely they would say if he had an untreatable case of "the dreaded lurgi"?

What I find strange is that EK don't communicate with its future workforce. It would be so easy to drop the Pool a line saying " thanks, you are accepted as a FO. As you've seen, we're up to our eyeballs processing DEC's at present so we don't have time to process our successful FO's yet. Don't worry, though, we'll get back to you shortly with a CCQ/TR start date once we finish the DEC's."

That would cost nothing, but would calm you guys down and let you sleep at night - Orville's pacing the floor at night is keeping his mum and I awake!

I wonder what this absolute incompetence by HR means for your future careers at EK. They don't seem too supportive or helpful at present - BA did it better in my day...

OD

Tight Seat
7th Jun 2012, 23:45
Whisper that all cse are full until next year. ( FO that is )

It would be good if HR talked to the pool, but we don't work for EK, we just attended the selection , so no right of consultation. That's life .

FlyingOW
8th Jun 2012, 01:52
President of EK amongst others interviewed in this interesting article from the WSJ;

Global Airlines Fly Into 'Storm' - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303918204577448033877417726.html)

Another slump on the horizon? Where are those B787/A350 and NEO/MAX aircraft when you need them :-(

OW

minwas
11th Jun 2012, 16:17
...:zzz:...

Kernow 101
12th Jun 2012, 10:50
Seems like the wheel is starting to turn again over at EK :D Maybe good news shortly for those of us in the hold pool :oh::oh:

jonjon
12th Jun 2012, 10:52
"hear say" or do you have some specific info?

Not having a go, just wondering.

Thanks
jj

jonjon
13th Jun 2012, 08:32
I take we have now all received the email about being now placed in a holding pool...
Disappointing to say the least...

I guess things are not moving all that fast at EK right now...

To be continued

Craggenmore
13th Jun 2012, 09:12
A380 grounding cost US$30m a month - Emirates exec - Travel - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/a380-grounding-cost-us-30m-month-emirates-exec-461954.html)

Kernow 101
13th Jun 2012, 11:48
Now it's official
I take we have now all received the email about being now placed in a holding pool...
Disappointing to say the least...

I guess things are not moving all that fast at EK right now...

To be continued

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ouch:

groundtoflightdeck
13th Jun 2012, 14:26
Can't be a bad thing if they are officially placing people in the pool... That's a precursor to hiring. And the 380 stuff while a pain, at least provides finality to this issue which I think may be the root of the slowdown...

That's my positive spin...

Kenny
13th Jun 2012, 21:34
Being placed in a Holding Pool may not, necessarily be a good development....

It's not the first time EK has done this with successful candidates; In May-Jun of 2008, they interviewed prospective FO's who were told "you can expect to be in class by September". This then moved to November. Boeing then had supply problems with the companies supplying the galleys for the 777, which delayed deliveries. Then the Boeing machinists went on strike and further delayed deliveries. The "Poolies" were then told to expect to be in DXB at the beginning of 2009.

As we all know, at the beginning of 2009 the world financial markets started to go into meltdown and the Poolies were then told that they would be contacted when a class date was available but that if they reached 12 months from their interview, that they would have to re-interview.

What happened was that EK had about 100-150 guys in the pool and "cherry-picked" those that had Boeing or Airbus time. The rest unfortunately, never made it out.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up here, just adding a bit more info about how EK has in the past, dealt with those in the Holding Pool. Whatever happens, good luck to those that are swimming.

fatbus
14th Jun 2012, 02:55
Kenny is , unfortunately right. It come s down to supply and demand. For all those who think it's a good idea to turn down a 330 in favour of a 777 are not doing them selves any good.

archer_737
14th Jun 2012, 11:45
Got my interview and all the procedure OK down to the medical on early May.
Then email for reference checking. OK again.

Now they sent my an email saying due to operational problems we have not reviewed your application yet.

So, month and a half later they have not even taken a minute to see that everything is OK and send me and email saying something like "everything is fine, you're in the pool".

What they're actually telling me is that they can't even guaranty me that I passed all the checks, and I'm talking about more than 1 month after the interview.

Honestly, this is not the EK they are selling on the roadshows or HR dvd's.
Thought they were a bit more professional on that airline. What a shame.

donpizmeov
14th Jun 2012, 13:27
Archer, how many hours do you have? How many modern jet?

fatbus
14th Jun 2012, 13:56
Archer, does this mean if they now offer you a job you will turn it down?

glofish
14th Jun 2012, 14:01
archer

Better get used to it right away. That's the way EK gets around everything and everybody.

minwas
14th Jun 2012, 16:01
"What happened was that EK had about 100-150 guys in the pool and "cherry-picked" those that had Boeing or Airbus time. The rest unfortunately, never made it out."

For what I know EK already "cherry-picked" the Airbus rated guys.
But who is going to fly the new T7's?

fatbus
14th Jun 2012, 16:43
Don't worry there is plenty of 73ng pilots on the list. Again supply and demand. As well as 76/74 currently no shortage.Ek seems to get lucky all the time. From what I hear, for the mini bus, only 320 /330 CCQ's and even a fair number of 330 pilots applying and on course.

archer_737
14th Jun 2012, 16:53
fatbus,

No, this means that I was expecting more from these guys.

Aviation sucks right now, 70 or 80% of the pilots are having short term contracts or problems with their current companies (example of IB pilots in Spain), and when they expect to move to some stable and nice place, they discover the ugly truth and that is that EK is not the exemption.
They present themselves as a professional, respectful and modern company (and I'm sure they are) but if they need they won't hesitate at all to suck your ass deep and hard.
I did my job, got the minimum hours, prepared for the assessment and did it well. And now I'm at home reading these emails and honestly I just can't believe it.

Some guy is asking if they are giving priority or not to the Airbus experienced guys and the answer is YES, definitely. One of the guys with me in Dubai (flying 320) has received already an email saying he's starting soon (maybe July). Another one just received the "second type" of email.
And by "second type" email I mean that they're sending 2 kinds of emails. First one, like mine, is that they didn't have time to review my profile and to pass it through the approval procedure so they're unable to give you a welcome or "yes you did it".

The second one is exactly the same email but changing some paragraphs. These different sentences are quite important because even if they inform them that EK is experiencing some delays, they tell them that they have been included in the pool so they have been found suitable for a F/O position.

Who is receiving this email? The Airbus guys. If you fly in an Airbus they take 2 minutes to review your application and to tell you YES you're in.
If not, you get the 1st kind of email and you're basically ******.

bigdaviet
14th Jun 2012, 18:05
So can we establish:

From what assessment date are those who were successful in the pool, and not on courses?

I assessed mid march and am currently in the pool.

givemewings
14th Jun 2012, 18:23
So basically, they're telling the guys they know they will need if they're in. And for the rest they're holding off getting your hopes up before necessary, in case they don't need you...?

And the problem is....?

Trust me you do not want to be in the position of those CC a couple years back who had already resigned, sold houses, cars etc and then to be told, oops sorry we don't actually need you...

In the current situation it may be better that they are not getting in touch right away, as frustrating as it can be.

And as the others say, get used to the 'Dubai Run-Around'- it's part of life here. Either you let it get to you, or you go home and have a nice glass of grape and learn to deal, like I did today. Apparently being 'on-time' is only important for those of us working on the aircraft/at the airport.... not half of the office... :ugh:

Kernow 101
14th Jun 2012, 18:24
So can we establish:

From what assessment date are those who were successful in the pool, and not on courses?

I assessed mid march and am currently in the pool.

I assessed mid Feb and am in the pool. From what I know the week before me had all got start dates. The bus rated guys in our week got start dates, the rest of us are swimming...

The latest email just confirms what we all knew anyway. However, after reading the recent posts on other threads and press interviews with EK it seems like they have (or are coming too) some sort of resolution on the wing issue. Which indirectly I believe may have started the need for a pool. With the 6 a/c held in Toulouse coming through in Sept & Oct, and the remaing to come as soon as released from the manufacturing line. I was hoping that come the end of the summer the pool will start to drain again........hopefully.

archer_737
14th Jun 2012, 18:36
Givemewings.

Believe me if I tell you that I'm used to so many things and so worst than Dubai.
I've been for long flying in a really crazy company and country, but, you don't expect that when you get in touch with one of the biggest companies in the world. That's it.

P.S:

As far as I know, guys from mid April to early May are just waiting without any confirmation. Guys from early April are in the pool.

AP2 On Please
14th Jun 2012, 19:20
Archer,

Just for you to know, the Airbus guys are not just getting a rubber stamp applied to their application and dropped in the pool. I assessed in early April and there were three Airbus pilots in the group, myself included. Only very recently one of our number received the "second" email and the other two of us are still waiting. It may be that Emirates are focusing on Airbus guys at the moment, but no doubt that will change again before too long.

If the news about 6 A380s coming later this year is true, then assuming EK needs about 25 new pilots per aircraft, that is 150 pilots. That could well drain the hold pool very quickly, to say nothing of the steady deliveries of 777s. If Airbus has got the wing cracking sorted, and it looks like they have, then we could see the pace pick up again in recruitment.

Some of us have been waiting upwards of two months to hear about the state of our applications. Friends of mine there who interviewed last year heard back in less than two weeks, so you can imagine how the delay is wearing our nerves out after so long. If it's taking this long then there is doubtless a good reason why Emirates need this much time, and we can only be patient. There really isn't much we can do to speed the process other than take solace that we put our best effort forward in Dubai, and hope that is enough to convince EK of our worth. We can't influence the process anymore, so sit back and enjoy the ride. I think a lot of us have been waiting years for the chance to join Emirates, so waiting a few more months hardly seems to matter.

AP2

boarderdw
14th Jun 2012, 19:48
All I hope for is a call before next April, it would be a huge bummer to be flushed out of the pool.

minwas
15th Jun 2012, 20:47
fatbus,

I'm neither Bus nor Boeing rated. Do you imply that after being successful and put in the pool they wouldn't hire me even if they need pilots? Well that would worry me

Aussie
16th Jun 2012, 06:38
I dont think anyone is saying they wont wont hire you fullstop... They will take airbus and boeing guys first... :)

archer_737
16th Jun 2012, 08:43
Well, to put a 320 guy on the 330 is about saving money and time. Differences course will take hoy long? A couple of weeks?

Putting a 737 or 757 guy on the 777 means a new TR so, time and money should be the same as moving there a CRJ or MD pilot.

It makes sense to give priority to the bus guys but in the future I don't think they will give priority to a Boeing guy in front of, let's say, a CRJ pilot.

Anyway, all of this is just opinions or "maybes". Never know.

Kenny
16th Jun 2012, 08:57
It makes sense to give priority to the bus guys but in the future I don't think they will give priority to a Boeing guy in front of, let's say, a CRJ pilot.

Why not? They've done it before....

Easy Ryder
16th Jun 2012, 09:05
Actually Archer,

A boeing pilot will always get priority over a CRJ or MD pilot (for a Boeing course). Simply because they are familiar with the Boeing 'way' (esp 737NG guys) and from experience have fewer issues with the transition.

Its a bitter pill to swallow but that's how its done.

Quite frankly I think 320 guys will struggle if they go ahead with the CCQ course only because the Emirates SOP's are.... long winded. 2 weeks ground school then line training will have your brain melting i think. Unfortunately a hand handful of line 'trainers' will check you as if your on a command course. Most are great just some have no idea how to train.

VijayMallya
16th Jun 2012, 14:51
How different are the EK SOP's from Airbus SOP's... Any example you could share?

archer_737
20th Jun 2012, 18:03
hopefully swimming now after a while waiting for confirmation.

Will appreciate if guys been called soon post here their starting date and how long was the waiting to get a date.

Maybe we can then have a close idea.

Good flights!

fatbus
21st Jun 2012, 06:14
EK Sop's are very close to Airbus Sop's, EK is just very picky about doing it their way or should I say the UK way or the OZ way or the US way, there is where the big problem is, "different" ways of doing the same thing, a truly Dubai thing "same same but different" if you come here you have to get use to that and alot of OIC

Tight Seat
21st Jun 2012, 08:46
Does anyone know if any CCQ cse have been allocated yet?

Indeed does anyone in the 'inner circle' have any information that CCQ cse have been penciled into the 330 sim program ( or booked externally)?

Cheers TS

Craggenmore
21st Jun 2012, 09:01
At least four 380 courses for 330/340 FO's in July. This may help the hold-pool empty a little.

vinayak
22nd Jun 2012, 09:55
CCQ? I was under the impression that EK makes pilots go thru the compete TR

If I'm not mistaken the 320 to 330 CCQ is just a week long.

Tight Seat
22nd Jun 2012, 10:01
I think they were looking at CCQ onto the 330 for guys with suitable experience on the 320. Im not sure if they are going ahead with it though.

archer_737
22nd Jun 2012, 10:13
Well, while I was given no date for starting (swimming in the pool) at least one of the 320 guys assessing with me received already a date (think at the end of July).
So, don't know if it will be CCQ or a full TR but for sure they're giving priority to airbus rated guys.

(assessment early May and having DOJ in about 2 months from there, quite fast)

Tight Seat
22nd Jun 2012, 10:21
Archer,

I guess that chap wasn't currently employed so could start straight away?

TS

archer_737
22nd Jun 2012, 10:23
Well actually he was working at the time.

There was 2 airbus guys and only 1 received a joining date so, and that's a guess, I think one probably gave them a 1 month notice period while the other one probably said something like "I need at least 4 months" or so...

But, that's only my opinion, didn't speak with him about that.

DuneMentat
22nd Jun 2012, 13:23
They are doing CCQ for current airbus rated guys.

vinayak
22nd Jun 2012, 14:40
A P1 from our airline on 320 Who had 330 P2 experience of over 1000 hours had to do a full TR

fatbus
22nd Jun 2012, 15:44
320 - 330 CCQ only , still no direct hiring on the 380. Still some full transition onto the 330, 777 seems booked until Oct/Nov same with the 330. 330 - 380 CCQ internal, the training is full on from Jul on wards.

Tight Seat
22nd Jun 2012, 17:05
Cheers Fatbus

safelife
25th Jun 2012, 09:40
A320 guys with considerable experience on type do CCQ to A330?
So then what will I do being A330 rated with experience on type?

Luckyheader
29th Jun 2012, 22:59
So...any news? Have any of those who were put into the pool earlier on been given a start date yet?

Tight Seat
30th Jun 2012, 07:36
Nothing yet ( March )

flymaybe
30th Jun 2012, 10:34
Still nothing. With all the 380's turning up this year you would think that they would be starting to drain us, but maybe they've already got people penciled in for all those 330 courses in whichever format and we are surplus to this years requirements. Maybe someone in the know can shed some light for us.......

archer_737
2nd Jul 2012, 10:01
I'm reading everywhere that courses are full for the rest of the financial year and honestly I'm not familiar with the UAE policy so, can anyone confirm me if this period goes from April 2012 to May 2013? Or... what?

Maybe it's a stupid question but just wondering that.

Thanks!

fatbus
2nd Jul 2012, 12:28
31 Mar is the end of the fiscal year

archer_737
2nd Jul 2012, 12:46
Thanks fatbus!

So, I understand that according to some infos they have full courses from now to March 2013.

I think that's not completely correct, can't believe a company like EK, which seems to be changing mind every day, has full courses for the next 8 or 9 months.

According to some info I've got from an email I will say they have full courses until the end of this year. Let's make difference between year 2012 and fiscal year.

flymaybe
2nd Jul 2012, 21:13
Well, if we are into 2013 that puts a lot of us smack bang in the bracket of having to go through the entire process again! Lets just hope that they want us sooner as the thought of having to do it all again doesnt exactly float my boat?

How do others feel about it? Would you put yourself through again? Would certainly be gutted if having spent a year swimming and basically being on hold to then do it again and fail! :{ :ugh:

jonjon
2nd Jul 2012, 21:24
If it does not happen, then so be it, I gave it my best try, got selected but then if it falls apart I'll have to look at other options.

Hopefully things are stuck until end of calendar year, not financial year...

Anyone knows when were the last selected?

Luckyheader
2nd Jul 2012, 21:59
You'd of thought that 3 months of every stopping would only delay things 3 months later? I hope those at the beginning of the pool are being given dates soon...

GoreTex
2nd Jul 2012, 22:06
to all EK FO wannabes,
I am sure you all know by now that EK is taking DEC's for the last 27 years, most of you know about that but some forget about it after they passed their final line check, so please keep it in your mind or better put a stickie note on your fridge, it would save a lot of bandwidth and disk space for this site.

givemewings
2nd Jul 2012, 22:16
Not unusual in the past for cabin crew on hold to have to do the process over, so not impossible for you guys, but i would guess they'll find a way to keep you if they want you... after all they invest a lot in the process too. longer induction perhaps..? Tack an extra week for 'arrival formalities' would give training a bit of breathing room wouldn't it? Dont forget that there will be some pencilled in who may be entertaining offers/interviews at several carriers. Often they tend to make things hard & give offers at the same time... circumstances change so i doubt 100% who are successful will end up deciding to come...

donpizmeov
3rd Jul 2012, 10:01
Guys this hold file thing is a good thing for those that are in it. As it would appear that those that have not been as competitive as their peers, be it low hours, not not scoring as well, not having the type rating EK is looking for that month, get put in the hold file in stead of getting the thanks but no thanks letter. This means you can be re looked at in 12 months rather than the 2yrs as from years gone past.
8 343s and 4 330s to be handed back by end of March 2013. 5 777 to be handed back next year. Boeing trainers have been told they will be in surplus by Oct.
You can argue Wether its financial year or calender year, but those few months will not make much difference. Keep getting hours, and keep updating. Although you say you won't come back to jump through the hoops, you know you will. The more competative you are the better your chance.
But do ask yourself if you are willing to sit in the right hand seat for 8 to 10 years. Think about how Dec hiring is going to affect you. Things might happen faster but make sure you will be ok if they don't.

The don

fatbus
3rd Jul 2012, 11:26
They will do what ever they need to with the poolies! Don's post is very factual and pertinent for those thinking of coming

donpizmeov
3rd Jul 2012, 13:14
Aveo,

4 years ago hiring was abruptly stopped because the grown ups thought they could make more money by increasing our hours and paying us less.
I do not know if the 1yr was extended or not. Remember also EK did not have the same number of applicants back then as they do now. No-one really knows what is going to happen next week, let alone in 12 months time.

The Don

AP2 On Please
3rd Jul 2012, 13:41
Don,

Thanks for the updates. I've often found your posts to be some of the most reliable and informative on the boards. One thing that troubles me though, a few posts back you seem to give the impression the hold pool is for people who didn't score high enough to be brought straight through, either for hours, non-relevant ratings and the like. My assessment group had fourteen passes, and thirteen of those are treading water. The one exception was a gent with some currency issues creeping up on him.

This kind of pattern seems to suggest that the pool isn't being used a place for the "almost, but not quite there" crowd, but rather as the name suggest a place to keep successful applicants until a space opens up for them to join. Maybe we should call it "the stack" and start issuing expected approach times?

In times gone by maybe the pool was used as a kind of reserve tank incase people dropped out of courses or took other jobs, such that EK could dip in take people to shore up the numbers when necessary. But for now it really looks to me like they are trying to hold on to some candidates that they have no other place to keep. Your thoughts on that, since you seem to be much more in touch with the inner workings of Emirates than a lot of others?

Also with the departure of the aircraft you mentioned, how do you think the overall fleet size will change this year? I read somewhere that every new plane means 26 new pilots, although I no evidence to back that up. And finally, since the new joiners are coming to replace those moving to a more exalted position in life (left seat, A380, etc) it would be nice to know both when any changes are happening inside EK, and what the lead time for training new pilots is. That way we can try to work backwards to an approximate start date if there is one in the future. Thanks for any info you might have.

AP2

donpizmeov
3rd Jul 2012, 14:13
AP,

I have unfortunately have no insider information, other than asking questions of the recruiters etc.
The numbers per airframe depends on if it is Ultra long range, or not. It was once mentioned that EK crewed 10 crews per ULR, and between 6 to 8 crews for the others. I really don't know what the current state of play is. If I divide the number of aircraft by number of pilots I come up with 18 pilots (9 crews) per aircraft. But this includes management pilots etc so I don't know how accurate that would be. I also have no clue as to the aircraft configuration of new deliveries.
I have not got the numbers of deliveries for next year, but, we have 176 aircraft now and have been told the fleet will be somewhere between 260 to 280 by 2025.

Sorry I can't be more help for you.

The Don

Laker
3rd Jul 2012, 14:20
24 777s delivered this year with 6 more Boeings coming next year. Not sure about the 380. I believe it was somewhere around 8-10 this year. As Don mentioned remaining 343's to be parked by next spring. Can't imagine people will be in the pool much longer than 6 months...my $.02

The Darkness
3rd Jul 2012, 17:47
Aveo,

The last hold pool I think you are referring to, was in 2008. That was at a time when there wasn't a 30 tonne requirement, let alone a 55 tonne requirement.

From my understanding, the "pool" had about 120 in it - some with international "heavy" time, some without and others with everything in between.

Those found most suitable to Emirates' requirements at the time were taken from the "pool". The rest were told they had to re-interview at a later date (that date or any extension not known to me).

I do know at least one that had updated their online applications and were given interview dates to choose from, as recently as early 2012 (these were deferred due to their other commitments). So, after 4 years, they still had their applications "active".

Don't know if any of that information is helpful, but good luck.

Iver
4th Jul 2012, 16:26
So, with more 777s coming and A380 deliveries questionable, at what point will hiring into the 777 begin again? Any estimates? Last I heard was that 777 training was backed-up for months and newbies could assume they would get A330 assignments - still true? Sounds like applicants with only Boeing time were also getting Airbus (previous experience was not an issue).

So, any estimates on when 777 will become an option again for new hires?

Cheers for any updates!

TOGA737
4th Jul 2012, 18:50
2 new hired going to B777 1 starting this month and the other in September, and 6 going into Airbus 330 starting July/August, the Airbus guys all have Airbus experience before 330/320, the 320 got QCC to 330. the Boeing guys are x- 737 and 767.

all the 8 did the selection in April and been offered courses after 2 weeks in the pool (I am the 9th one who pass but still waiting for start date),

TOGA

flymaybe
4th Jul 2012, 19:07
Toga,

Do you happen to know if they were currently employed or not? What is your current situation re notice period if i may ask? Just trying to get a handle on things since there are many others who have been in the pool longer..... :(
Thanks

TOGA737
4th Jul 2012, 19:41
in my group all employed, dont know how EK make choice from the pool! :ugh: waiting since April :{
but look forward for a start date with EK:)

Kernow 101
4th Jul 2012, 20:34
Waiting since Feb! And a bit peeved to read the above :ugh::ugh:

jonjon
4th Jul 2012, 21:11
Kernow,

I've been in the pool since February too (albeit late feb), but there is no doubt there are a lot of parameters coming into play when they pick someone out of the pool.

It will soon be 6 months for us, another 6 to go max so we should know before long, specially as some of us have to give 3 months notice to our current employers.

If nothing happens by late summer early Fall for me, I'll have to look at other options. But hey, this is a long way from now, no stress...

archer_737
4th Jul 2012, 21:59
TOGA737

Do you know if there is any difference between these guys and you? I mean, did they call first unemployed guys?
Or some difference in the notice period? What about the ex 737 driver, NG or CL?

Just trying to figure out how they choose from the pool.

I'm unemployed now, no notice period required and about 3k hours on the 737NG. Assessed early May. I just hope the NG experience gives me a chance for the 777 :hmm:

moneyhoon
4th Jul 2012, 22:21
Waiting since Feb! And a bit peeved to read the above
Ditto :ugh:

groundtoflightdeck
5th Jul 2012, 00:23
These 2 777 and 6 A330... FOs or CAs?

fatbus
5th Jul 2012, 04:25
The last on the seniority list is 12 - 4 DEC's 8 fo 's and a mix of 777/330 think it was 2 dec and 6 fo's 330 and 2 and 2 on the 777.

safelife
5th Jul 2012, 17:41
TOGA737 you say they A320 guys got CCQed onto A330, what did the A330 guys do? The full course? Only company indoctrination?

TOGA737
7th Jul 2012, 08:55
@ safelife, I don't know what type of course will be given to the 330 guys, all I know they got a start date on the Airbus, however I know the 320 guys got ccq into 330. (I think not any 320 PILOT can get ccq into 330, I am not an Airbus pilot but I heard some 320 guys got full type rating 330, (not in my selection group) but I am not sure)

@ground2fltdec 2 CPT and 6 FO

@archer, the x-737 was flying mix NG and CL

fatbus
7th Jul 2012, 09:38
330 pilots are doing the 320 - 330 CCQ to keep it simple

Luckyheader
7th Jul 2012, 09:46
Thanks for the information. Do you know if these guys were taken from the pool, or from before the delays started.

Cheers

archer_737
7th Jul 2012, 12:29
Toga737

Cheers! Good luck with your waiting

jonjon
7th Jul 2012, 17:14
Luckyheader,

Just scroll up to the top of the page, TOGA explains things quite clearly...

flymaybe
8th Jul 2012, 13:37
Got email this morning asking for last date flown and type. Also told to keep online application up to date every 2 wks. Can't get in as its locked as I was successful and in hold pool. Anyone else get same? Can only assume it is a blanket email to everyone...

moneyhoon
8th Jul 2012, 13:57
Flymaybe, no email recieved by me. It's an interesting point you raise regarding your application, I am unable to access mine anymore either. It disappeared after I was informed of being successful. So no chance of updating hours and recency......

flymaybe
8th Jul 2012, 15:02
Mid March.

boarderdw
8th Jul 2012, 15:34
I think that email goes out only when they're close to assigning a class date. No email for me. Interviewed beginning of April.

archer_737
8th Jul 2012, 19:14
I'm already in the pool and still able to update my application and profile.
:confused:

groundtoflightdeck
8th Jul 2012, 20:20
What is your status?... And does it still go to "under review" before invites to assessment? Cheers.

Round D. Globe
8th Jul 2012, 21:26
"I think that email goes out only when they're close to assigning a class date. "

Do you know this for certain? That would be good news for some.

boarderdw
8th Jul 2012, 22:39
I don't think anyone knows anything for certain with regard to the selection for class dates. The two guys from my group that were assigned class dates did receive the email shortly before the call. Hopefully those that received the email can keep us updated.

Round D. Globe
9th Jul 2012, 00:38
Can I ask how long you and the others in your group have been swimming?

boarderdw
9th Jul 2012, 01:06
Finished up in early April.

I can no longer update my app either. Not sure what that means.

Kernow 101
9th Jul 2012, 08:44
When I went for selection in Feb I could update for a couple of days after. But then it went off the system and I could not log in. Couple of days later I got the congrats call and email. Been in the pool ever since.

Even back In Feb, word was all courses were full until mid Sept. since then a few people have been called to fill some spaces which have come up in July and August. But majority are in the pool.

Word at my 'big blue' outfit from the successful DECs is that they are being given course dates in Sept and Oct. so my thoughts are we 'poolies' may get lucky and start getting dates for Nov?! So, with 3 months notice, we should start hearing by end July if this is correct.

As an aside. It seems that some are confusing this thread with being invited, or are in the process of, assessment dates. I started this thread for those who have passed the assessment and are waiting on course dates, and to share info on that aspect. The (very long) interview thread is great for info on the assessments. Thanks :ok:

Sand swimmer
9th Jul 2012, 16:46
Dear all co-swimmers,

I am not writing to give any extra or new information, because I do not have it. I did my assessment in mid February too. But slightly short of jet time by then. Some time after I received the "welcome to the pool" email. When I completed my hours, I notified it to EK, and then I was congratulated but reconfirmed in the pool.
I am following closely all posts of yours, and I thank you for them, I will update you if hear anything or I am one of the 1st lucky ones to start emptying the pool!

givemewings
9th Jul 2012, 18:10
Guys also bear in mind that it's now summer and with Ramadan coming up things might move along a bit more slowly since many people are on vacation and the working hours in the office are less... so don't think it's a bad thing, it's normal for this time of year ;)

Tight Seat
12th Jul 2012, 19:54
I found the email for updating hours a positive , at least we are still on the radar and being communicated with.

boarderdw
14th Jul 2012, 14:20
My buddy who flies at EK talked to a 380 check airman today. He says FO interviews have stopped. He also said there are 80 380 FO transitions in July and 60 more in Aug. Seems to me like that should drain the pool. Also sounds like most of the slots will be on the 330 if these are good numbers.

Al Murdoch
14th Jul 2012, 15:34
Those numbers are approximately correct from what I gather. The pool is in the region of 150 FOs.
I know of at least one FO who received a start date for the 777, he was called this week.

Tight Seat
14th Jul 2012, 16:07
Cheers for the updates guys, any news or snippet is much appreciated .

archer_737
14th Jul 2012, 17:27
Hope the numbers are correct, but won't mind for a change in the fleet assignment policy so we get 777 instead of 330 :ok::ok:

donpizmeov
17th Jul 2012, 09:45
Guys,

The number of FOs quoted as going to the 380 is not correct. There are 57 pilots changing over in July. That being Captains and FOs. There my be 60 on the 380 course in Aug, but that is divided between Captains and FOs as well.
Remember that there are 12 380s to be delivered by end of March 2013, but 4 330 and 4 343 are returned in the same time frame (seems 4 343 are to be kept now).
Boeing deliveries reduce next year. The Boeing FO numbers are already in surplus to handle deliveries through to DEC. All out sourced Boeing training ends in Sept as numbers are met by then.
Keep flying and keep updating. Being in the hold pool is different from being offered a job.

The Don

flymaybe
17th Jul 2012, 10:35
Hi Don,
Presumably anyone who is required to take a 330/340 position to accommodate these moves have already been notified and selected, therefore we can assume that everyone in the pool will stay there for the immediate future? Any more 380 courses after the one you mention in Aug? Just trying to figure out if there is any hope for any of us this side of Christmas.....:(

Tight Seat
17th Jul 2012, 10:53
I guess another pertinent question is about pilot turnover. Is there a steady stream of pilots leaving?

TS

donpizmeov
17th Jul 2012, 10:55
flymaybe,
Courses are ongoing. One 380 a month until end of 2017 I think. 350 arrives 2014/15ish??? Rumours are still ongoing about direct entry FOs onto the 380, but don't know the time frame in which this will happen.
330s keep leaving and are planned to be all gone by mid to late 2014 I think. Early Boeings start to leave next year (30 to go by the end of year 2015). I am not sure but I think more 777 leave than arrive next year, I am sure someone will update this.
Good luck,

the Don

archer_737
19th Jul 2012, 08:08
Did everyone receive the terrifying email this morning?

Demoralizing...

archer_737
19th Jul 2012, 08:39
"We thank you for your continued patience in awaiting news on your pending application following your successful completion of the selection process with Emirates.

The course plan for our Airbus Fleet has now been finalised and we are pleased that this week we offered positions to 24 candidates on the Airbus fleet to start in October and November. All these Airbus courses are CCQ (short) courses and therefore the candidates we offered places to all met the requirements to undergo a CCQ course here at Emirates. We offered positions to those that met the requirements and have been waiting longer than other candidates in the hold pool. At this stage we do not require any more First Officers to start on our Airbus Fleet for the remainder of the financial year.

In regards to our Boeing Fleet plan, the next courses we have planned for First Officers start in late January 2013. Therefore we are likely to start making some offers for those courses towards the end of September. We have not confirmed numbers at this stage.

As you have received this email, you continue to remain in a successful applicant pool from which we identify, select and fill our training courses to meet our Airline's training needs and fleet expansion plans. As you would be aware, Emirates is a rapidly expanding Airline and as a result, we experience change continually. It is possible then, that we may experience further changes to the above which could result in us requiring pilots to start sooner or later than we expect at this stage.
Please note your application currency is only valid for a period of one year from the date of completion of your selection programme, after which time if still interested, we would require you to reapply to us and you would need to be reassessed. The number of candidates in the applicant pool does exceed the expected number of new joining pilots this financial year. It is likely that we will not be able to offer all successful candidates a position before April 1st. Given the planned growth we have ahead of us though, our pilot numbers will undoubtedly continue to grow and therefore your desire to remain interested in a position with Emirates is important to us."

The number of candidates in the applicant pool does exceed the expected number of new joining pilots this financial year. It is likely that we will not be able to offer all successful candidates a position before April 1st.
This part is at least frustrating. How can they invite you, pay you a f:mad: business class seat to Dubai and the hotel, etc and then ooops we called more guys than we need. Such a lack planning.

minwas
19th Jul 2012, 08:55
It's even more frustrating if you have to go through the whole sh:mad:t again.

archer_737
19th Jul 2012, 09:19
I will add even more frustrating when you're unemployed.

Definitely that Turkish Airlines interview will be now more important :ugh:

Sadly some of us are forced to accept incoming interviews and of course, once a contract is signed with another carrier (probably bonded) our "wishes" to fly in Emirates will be just gone.

minwas
19th Jul 2012, 10:11
Being unemployed is bad. I recall an email I/we received weeks ago from EK, explaining why they haven't called us yet and apologizing to have offered a job to some guys who where assessed after us but unemployed.

Archer did you try QR?

Sand swimmer
19th Jul 2012, 12:32
This letter I received today is a bad.
I assume I am one of the "oldest" ones in the pool but I am flying a Boeing "classic" at the moment, so I guess all 73NG, 744 75/6 will probably offer a better sim deal to the company. Theyre prolly not offering such a good CCQ for rated Airbus drivers, even so make an easiest pick for a company short of pilots and sim slots at same time.
No other choice than wait end of September. If there's no mail then, i'm out coz won't be given course before February...
Already said no to QR when EK gave me the "pass" ... :(:(:(

KOLDO
19th Jul 2012, 17:18
Dear colleagues,

Sad to see people waiting and waiting, but....I think you donīt miss anything special, believe me.
If unemployed, thatīs another serious bussiness.

archer_737
19th Jul 2012, 18:48
minwas

Yes I did, but they're in the same situation, lot of F/O in the pool and no calls for new interviews. QR is not an option now.

I'm having an assessment in Istanbul for THY soon, that will be the best option right now.

Never expected that when talking about EK, the deal was to pass the assessment and surprisingly that was "easy". What came after was a big surprise!

Colleague of mine in the same situation contacted the woman sending the email this morning and her advise was something like get a f... contract otherwise you'll be too long non current and that plays against you. So, advise for the people in the same situation as I am, get a job or EK doors will be closed next January.

Murrenfan
19th Jul 2012, 20:28
Guys, EK still has so many B777s and A380s to come in the near future and despite the fact it will be retiring some 330s/340s, we'll still need loads and loads of pilots, and as has been said before things can change overnight here. I know this wait is frustrating but for you guys that have passed the selection it's just a matter of time.

Mfan

jonjon
19th Jul 2012, 20:34
Murrenfan,

You are right in saying that with the planes on orders, EK will be needing pilots for the foreseeable future.

The problem we in the pool are facing is that we can only be in there for 12 months and we have just been told that the next available date might be in January. Considering that some of us have been in the pool since February, it does not leave much margin...

It could just be a simple case of bad luck/timing for those interviewed in Feb/march and April 2012

Let's wait and see...

archer_737
19th Jul 2012, 20:45
New planes deliveries play no roll right now here as the email is clear, no more airbus courses and boeing only in January. They obviously know how many airplanes will come in Oct/Nov/Dec but decided that with the actual number of F/O is enough to cover these positions.
The courses before the end of the year are just full and the chances to get in 0. The only change possible is that BOEING inadvertently delivers 4 more 777 in November :ok: by the face and that won't happen man! :ugh:
This last email was probably the 1st one to give us real and accurate information and sadly it is not beautiful at all.

What they told me: You're not flying since Feb 2012. If you're called in September to join in January it will be almost a year grounded so... better have a summer job flying a bit or forget about us. Something like "get a contract job". These guys seems to have no f.. idea about how aviation market is right now.

Iver
19th Jul 2012, 23:52
Funny how EK and QR spend $billions on shiney new airplanes and yet they employ the worst and most disorganised HR departments they can buy. How about they focus on improved and more consistent communication - even an automated email update... Not impressive! :yuk::mad:

mikypmi
20th Jul 2012, 05:16
Well not much to say.. Its totally dissapointing and unexpected from ek. But dont panic..theres still plenty of time and new planes are being delivered.. So dont worry you will see they will contact us in the near future..

In my case Im flying boeing ng and I attended the selection process the beginning of april.

Cheers,

Tight Seat
20th Jul 2012, 10:32
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto their profile on the Emirates Recruitment site?

minwas
20th Jul 2012, 11:01
My profile was locked few days after the interview :ooh:

Vrille
20th Jul 2012, 11:22
Passing a selection isn't, sadly, an offer of employment. I know it too well; 18 months of B.A pool swiming didn't prevent me from getting a please F. off e-mail from the obnoxious, self calling world's favourite airline :hmm: .
Good luck to all swimmers.....

Tight Seat
20th Jul 2012, 11:31
Thanks minwas,

Same happened to me, I've been fished out of the pool so need to access it . Did you get your profile unlocked ?

TS

minwas
20th Jul 2012, 13:11
No I didn't. To be honest I have no idea how to do it and besides I don't see a reason to do it either. With my extensive experience on the CRJ I won't be one of the guys who will start next JAN

Cheers

boarderdw
20th Jul 2012, 13:12
Tightseat, one of the lucky "24", eh? Congrats. When did you finish the selection process?

Tight Seat
20th Jul 2012, 13:39
Cheers Boarderdw,

Late March , 8k + hours , currently LHS 320.

TS

Jetstreamer1
20th Jul 2012, 18:10
Looks like I'll be swimming awhile! One of the last guys to come through the process! You'd think by then, they would have figured out that I wasn't needed??:confused:

archer_737
20th Jul 2012, 21:58
Jetstreamer1

Looks like I'll be swimming awhile! One of the last guys to come through the process! You'd think by then, they would have figured out that I wasn't needed??

Same thoughts here.

Why on earth they made me waste my time if they had enough pilots? No person from flight ops could just tell the HR guys: heyy dudes stop calling pilots, it's ok! We have enough!

I spoke with a guy here in the forum interviewing in July 7th!! At that time they already knew that they were not in the position to offer all the swimmers a position before April 2013 and did not cancel his interview. That's simply insane, they are deliberately interviewing guys that have no option to be hired.

donpizmeov
21st Jul 2012, 08:30
Archer,

I know you are disappointed, but HR is there for the EK business, not to further your career. The HR function is to hire the best candidate available at the time. If they interview someone better qualified than those already in the hold pool, the new dude gets the job. Any research on EK would have told you that this company cares only about the dollar, employees matter little here.

If you gain more experience whilst in the hold pool, your chances of the job improve. Hence the reason I suggest you keep updating. EK is not the only airline to do this, I know people who missed out on jobs with BA and QF after being in hold files for long times, while others were offered jobs straight after the interview.

The hiring of 100ish DECs has made a huge difference (reduction) in the number of new hires (FO) required. I think they were surprised that so many would apply for the DEC job when 1st year Capt pay is being offered, as there are much better deals elsewhere.

Good luck to you mate,

The Don

Jetstreamer1
21st Jul 2012, 10:35
...but HR is there for the EK business, not to further your career.

I must agree with you Don. I'm disappointed, but without a doubt i still view these guys as the best in the industry! With the way things are so up and down in the industry, I suppose they only doing their best with what they have to work with. At least they not leaving us hanging, this way we can make decisions on other pending jobs and know exactly where we stand with our EK applications.

I'm happy i had a chance to go through their process regardless of the outcome

Gonna swim as long as I can and hope for the best!!

TOGA737
21st Jul 2012, 15:00
Very positive Jetstreamer,
and as don mentioned, its not only EK doing this, I was my self in a holding pool of a major UK airline, and no job offer in the end of long waiting...
the requirement of number of pilots needed always change in any major airline.

safe landing

bigdaviet
22nd Jul 2012, 14:47
So can we establish who is at the top of the pool? I assessed in mid march and I'm still swimming.

bigdaviet
22nd Jul 2012, 16:12
When did you other people assess?

cede21
22nd Jul 2012, 16:24
I went there mid-end February and still waiting...

jonjon
22nd Jul 2012, 17:28
End of Feb...

But...

I doubt it means that much really: we all have different profiles and they seem to pick people of out the pool according to specific criterias, length in the pool probably only a factor when people have similar profiles...

On our end, feels like lottery!! Who's next? You will know by watching the next episode right here, on the prune...

archer_737
22nd Jul 2012, 20:13
PSP 1 in early March. Dubai PSP 3 in early May.

Same opinion as above, not a matter of time in he pool, I guess is all about experience, type and probably our score in the tests.

Good luck!

mikypmi
23rd Jul 2012, 04:31
Mine was at the beginning of April..all process was at Dxb

Al Murdoch
23rd Jul 2012, 11:37
The situation is this (just so people don't have to ask the same questions):
Hold pool is based on your final interview date and runs from Feb to April (roughly - the mid point of the hold pool in terms of numbers is mid-March). All airbus courses are now filled for the rest of the year (financial year). A number of people have been fished out of the pool to start in the next few months (777 and A330) but these are people who are not currently flying. There are (or were) roughly 150 pilots in the hold pool, most or all of whom are FOs.
The next 777 course is due to be held in Jan 13 and people will be selected for the next course based on their interview date only.
If there is anything inaccurate there - please feel free to correct me.

archer_737
23rd Jul 2012, 11:49
Al Murdoch

Pool runs from Feb to July. I assessed early May and know people who went there early this month.

A number of people have been fished out of the pool to start in the next few months (777 and A330) but these are people who are not currently flying
That's not correct. In the last EK email they clearly said that the last 24 guys were joining the 330 and all coming from airbus. Nothing about flying or not nowadays (actualy I know a guy with a current job in 320 joining EK 330 this month or next one)
I would say that being or not flying now means nothing to this as I am unemployed and did not get the job yet. In the other side, date of joining the pool means nothing too, as a couple of guys from the May interviews joined EK passing in front of Feb people (Airbus experienced).

Al Murdoch
23rd Jul 2012, 14:08
Sorry - yes, that's correct.

Jetstreamer1
25th Jul 2012, 05:52
Archer,

I was accessed early may too. I believe i was one of the last groups to go through, so I dont think any FO's were accessed after may.

bigdaviet
25th Jul 2012, 13:12
All the evidence that I've seen is that people are being offered courses according to their assessment date. The only exceptions have been:

1) unemployed candidates getting priority for cancellations; and

2) airbus rated folks given priority as they are the only ones legible for CCQs.

This is also what they stated in the most recent email.

archer_737
25th Jul 2012, 13:26
Bigdaviet

Not sure about the unemployed people. And did not see any info regarding this on their last email.

Actually, what they told me in a private email was to try to find a contract job. According to the HR woman I talked to being unemployed and accordingly non current "may work against me in the near future".

Orvilles dad
26th Jul 2012, 03:58
I posted earlier (see #89) about young Orville.

I wonder if his experiences can help clarify what is happening in the hold pool.

Orville is an A320 FO who interviewed in March in DXB. He has just over the minimum hours, so obviously no command experience and is currently employed and flying in Europe.

He is also one of the 24 who got pulled out of the pool this past week.:p

So a few things come to mind:

1. if there were 140/150 guys in the Hold Pool, then it would seem sensible that there would be roughly similar numbers of Airbus and Boeing drivers. So selecting 24 Airbus guys implies that maybe over 40 Airbus guys were left in the pool.

2. Based on Orville, there doesn't seem to be a bias towards unemployed guys as he is working.

3. Again, they don't seem to mind taking guys with lowish hours or without command experience.

For what its worth, this implies to me that there is a selection process to whittle down the numbers from maybe 70 ish (i.e. 50% of the hold pool) to the 24 they chose. The selection process doesn't look to be hours based (i.e. having lots of hours doesn't seem to count) and being unemployed also doesn't seem to count a great deal.

For the Airbus, they obviously would choose guys capable of putting on a CCQ course - but assuming most Airbus guys could be put on that course, there must be a further method of choosing the final 24.

What's left? Well, it could be completely random - "Congrats, you won the Lottery" :D- but somehow, I don't think that is the way they do it.

Seems to me the only thing left is they use a selection process based on how well you did in the tests, and particularly in the sim. They deliberately didn't give a sim in a type you were familiar with, in order to make the session that much more difficult - but also to test how you handle adversity and unusual conditions. My suspicion is that provided you tick all the other boxes, they probably select based on your sim session and test scores.

Just my 2 cents worth.

OD

archer_737
26th Jul 2012, 09:44
Orvilles dad

I can't tell what happened to the guys in other assessments but in mine everyone was given the closest sim to his type as possible, to know:

2 airbus (320 and 340) guys were given 320 sim
Guys flying MD, 767 and some other EFIS type were given a300 sim.
Guys flying 737, 747 and some other glass cockpit were given 777-200 (including me).

bringbackthe80s
26th Jul 2012, 09:45
previous company counts a lot in my opinion

Orvilles dad
27th Jul 2012, 02:58
170to5

Ditto for Orville - to both your comments!

OD - future EK ID90 user!

groundtoflightdeck
6th Aug 2012, 15:06
It's just a quick slow down until spring 2013. They are still recruiting...

upwhereIbelong
6th Aug 2012, 21:20
same here in the qatar pool:(

Jetaim
8th Aug 2012, 10:24
Does your son latches his shoes by him self? Are you going to accompany him in his Indian night turn arounds? I think that might have an impact on the EK decision
ID 90 user..ah ah ah!!! Yeah.. right the last Kerala beggar will have priority on you! Start discovering!

Orvilles dad
9th Aug 2012, 04:03
Jetaim - I took the opportunity to review all your 116 posts earlier today. I didn't find a single one where you were in any way helpful to any poster - you seem to do nothing but pour vitriol on any posts and generally fling around insults.

Fine, if that is your personality, then have fun - as they say, it takes all kinds - including jerks who get their jollies by insulting others.

Unlike you, Orvillle got into EK - in fact, he was still short of their minimum when he did his interviews in DXB in the Spring. I posted because I happen to think that his experiences might just help others - clearly, you don't necessarily need tons of hours if you prepare yourself well for the interviews and sim.

My post was in no way gloating - just trying to pass on information to others in the hold pool about how it went for him and,maybe, provide a little bit of help or encouragement to those guys still in the pool.

I'm sorry if that simple act of trying to help others offends you so much that you feel the need to insult me. You are a very sad person.

OD

Al Murdoch
9th Aug 2012, 07:29
Don't feed the troll. He gets off on this.

Jetaim
9th Aug 2012, 08:45
My friend. I'm one of the many that decided that the unilateral, undemocratic, pathetically patronizing, human rights violating , slavery prone, middle age style environment in Dubai / EK was not fitting into their view of the world and that Dubai was just an absurd, hot and humid **** hole and they were not going to waste their life there , not even a bit more.
Therefore having the occasion I migrated back to greener pastures with extreme relief. The best move of my life. Now that I can enjoy again democracy, nature, outdoor, real people and community and I'm far far from that absurd mix of nationalities with no real cultural interchange, juts kept together by their interest in that small bit of cash, I feel like helping others. The marketing machine of EK is very powerful and many end up regretting their move...way too many don't admit it. What scares me is that EK is now selecting pilots like your son that apparently is not even capable of posting on a pilot forum and has his daddy doing it for him. But yes..it so so cute!

archer_737
9th Aug 2012, 09:20
Well you mean migrated back because you were not able to pass the assessment right?
Get over it! There are more jobs man!

Jetaim
9th Aug 2012, 10:31
Archer..I see you name on all forums. You applied to all possible airlines in the world but somehow it turns out you cannot make it to get a job mate..sorry for you.If it makes you happy thinking that I did not pass the interview and this is the reason of my resentment you can go ahead. Actually it is the other way around . I wish I never even participated.But I don't want to a alter your basic mental processes. Keep discovering.. well no.. hello tomorrow..may be not.

AP2 On Please
9th Aug 2012, 11:30
Jetaim,

I too see you posting on a lot of forums, and you have only bad things to say. You claim a noble cause (trying to inform people against the might of the Emirates media machine) but you do it in such an unpleasant way that nobody could possibly take you seriously. You rant and rave, insult people, never cite an example of why you dislike Emirates so much, and pay no attention to what anybody else says with regard to their own opinion about Emirates. I think the force of your opinion has been well registered, you don't like Emirates, so allow me to be the first to offer my thanks for this invaluable contribution, which I think everyone here has taken note of, and kindly invite you to leave this thread.

Along with most others here I passed EK selection (the week after learning to tie my own shoes - fancy that!:ok:) and will be joining in a short while. I have several friends already in Dubai who have been working there for a variety of years on a variety of fleets, and they have near unanimous praise for Emirates and the lifestyle it gives them. Quite frankly I am more likely to believe their opinions, along with the ones I formed during my time in Dubai, than to listen to any more non-sensical drivel from the likes of you.

Your dislike of Emirates is obvious to anyone who reads this forum, and if anyone is so inclined to give any weight to your opinion then I dare say they have done so already, so by continually posting your nasty vitriol you only strengthen the case that says none of us should give any consideration to your opinion.

I'm unaware of your personal situation (opinion seems to be split in the forum about whether you are a rejected candidate or a previous Emirates pilot who was shown the door), but for many of us either in the hold pool or waiting to fly to Dubai Emirates represents a quantum leap forward in our careers and we are very excited for the opportunity.

Since you obviously have no wish to be a part of Emirates then I can't help but wonder why you continually post in a forum dedicated to doing just that? The only thing I can think of is you want to rant & rave about some perceived injustice done to you in the past. In that case may I suggest another forum thread along the lines of "Jetaim shouts that the sky is falling!" where you can no doubt have a long and fruitful conversation with yourself about the evil machinations you see coming from Dubai.

Once the "Jetaim shouts that the sky is falling!" thread is all up and running then I promise we'll all pop 'round to see how you're doing, but in the meantime please leave this thread alone. We've registered your dislike for Emirates, considered your opinions and decided to reject them, so it seems we have no further use for you. Thank you for your service, and best of luck in the future.

AP2

Al Murdoch
9th Aug 2012, 13:15
...This ^^

archer_737
9th Aug 2012, 14:15
Jetaim

Unable to pass an assessment and what is worst unable to read and understand a single post, what a jerk.

Unlike you man I'm posting in this thread because I'm in the pool and what is written here affects me, plus from time to time I may bring some useful info like emails received or so.

Btw, applied everywhere with no luck? Sure man? Just went through another major airline assessment with a possitive answer. Seems my waiting for EK will be well supported now.

Dude, I did understand your frustration as a pilot but taking a look to your reading skills I understand now your frustration as a miserable human being. Shame on you.

Orvilles dad
9th Aug 2012, 14:35
Jetaim - please, don't be scared that EK is selecting pilots who are not capable of posting on this Forum. Orville does, indeed, post on this forum - although, strangely, he doesn't use "Orville" on here.

So nothing to look at here - we've all noted your comments and thank you. Now please go away.

OD

Morav
9th Aug 2012, 14:42
For the people in the know...
Is it possible to get an Interview with over 4000 Hours TT and over 500 Hours Q400 PIC time? Is Emirates hard set on jet time?

Thank you

Jetaim
9th Aug 2012, 16:10
Ah ah .. I find it amusing. You actually have the time to search for previous posts... Don't you know that the planet runs on deception? Who actually still believe that Saddam had WoMDs? But a war was fought on that assumption. So you can assume whatever you like. Still I feel compelled to warn others , at least those that have a working brain , of the risk of working in an unprotected environment like EK and in a country disrespectful of workers and human rights.
On the other end you might have missed the following disclaimer [COLOR="Red"]"As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reaction"

vfenext
9th Aug 2012, 16:22
So Jetaim, you failed the interview and now are an embarrassment to yourself and to Italy. If you plan to continue posting on an english language forum can you at least use a spell checker. It's getting hard to read your posts without hearing an Italian mafia style accent in my head!!

Al Murdoch
9th Aug 2012, 19:56
Guys - PLEASE can we stop this bickering? This thread is occasionally very useful and this nonsense isn't adding to that.
Just ignore Jetaim - he clearly has issues. Everyone please - IGNORE HIM.

minwas
9th Aug 2012, 20:15
one month to go

givemewings
9th Aug 2012, 21:28
Easy... you don't want to read someone, click Ignore... problem solved, less posts to scroll through :ok:

Jetaim
10th Aug 2012, 07:27
If there was any need to prove the level of maturity of the latest EK candidates I think it is showing here in its full dramatic reality.No surprise EK is looking for DEC. Your assumptions are wrong and you are just being delusional my friends. But that it will help until reality strike.. and it will.
Yeah.. I was in Italy. I went to Rome, Pisa, Florence and Venice beautiful !! But actually I'm a from little more to the north west...just a bit. My best wishes to young Orville ...be a good boy !!

taz.devil
10th Aug 2012, 07:48
You mean using the control panel?

UserCP...

Settins & Options...

Edit Ignore list...

Add a Member to Your List...

EZY!

bigdaviet
10th Aug 2012, 10:02
Anyone heard anything further to the lates email? Rumour or otherwise?

Al Murdoch
10th Aug 2012, 10:17
Givemewings - that would work (I have actually ignored him anyway) but you all keep responding and that is what is filling up the space.

minwas
10th Aug 2012, 11:43
@ bigdaviet

nothing yet and since I'm in the top 10 of the pool(since mid feb) I'm anxious to see who they're going to call next

AP2 On Please
10th Aug 2012, 12:05
Minwas,

Just curious, because I'm sure it would be of some value to other people here who are also in the pool, but how do you know you are in the top 10? If there is some kind of ranking system that you know about it might be helpful to share it with everyone else, so they too can work out where they stand and when a call might be coming.

Thanks,

AP2

minwas
10th Aug 2012, 13:27
hey AP,

the guys who where screened the week before us got the job offer so that's why I think I'm one of the first in the pool, therefore the 'top 10'.
I'm not sure there is a ranking. And considering the last email from the desert, some of us will soon get the good news.

donpizmeov
10th Aug 2012, 16:44
I have had a few PMs asking what command time new joiners should be expecting. Going by the latest information on fleet size by 2025 (280), which is over 12 months old, I don't think a command will be offered prior to 2025 for the dude/dudette joining today. Timbo has said he envisages a fleet of 400ish after we move to the new airport. That is said to happen after 2025.
We have 180 aeroplanes in the fleet now. So he/she will need another 180 aeroplanes to upgrade. The DECs hired now would take up the flex for guys leaving/retiring for a bit. Best case if we receive one aeroplane a month, until upgrade time it would take 180 months.
The majority of aircraft on order now are fleet replacement. We were told the Boeing fleet would peak at 160 B777. We have 108 B777 now.

Hope this helps,

The Don