PDA

View Full Version : British Military Mission Kuwait

PTC REMF
25th Apr 2012, 16:40
I'm interested in working for the British Military Mission Kuwait and would be grateful for any non-military details from anyone with first-hand knowledge. I'm particularly interested in housing, schooling, medical/ dental cover etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

fantom
25th Apr 2012, 17:33
Are you male/female/married/un-accompanied/religious/do you drive/do you like alcohol/do you mind road blocks/do you mind having an entry visa but NO exit visa...?

It goes on.

Kuwait is not easy; believe me.

Why on earth would you want to go there?

Captain Tercrew
25th Apr 2012, 18:30
I did 2 years there just before GW1. It's not the best place in the ME, very restrictive, but I enjoyed my time there, very challenging but rewarding. I live in the ME now and wouldn't swap UAE for Kuwait, but you could have some fun if you're tolerant and not too impatient.

Chinny Crewman
26th Apr 2012, 20:03
Bored already PTC? I'll help you dig that tunnel if I can be out right behind you?!

marguerita
27th Apr 2012, 01:24
PM inbound. E-mail me direct.

Fantom's not quite correct - whilst a guilded cage, Kuwait is a pretty good deal in the BMM.

DidImentiontheSand
29th Apr 2012, 08:41
PTC REMF,

I feel the previous posters have been a little hard on Kuwait.

Whilst Kuwait is not Dubai, the BMM deal is actually pretty good (and contrary to much of Fantom's comment). Yes the driving can be 'interesting' at times, but there are many positive aspects. Housing is generally much better than any UK MQ, local schooling is good and the Loan Service package has benefits.

Feel free to PM me for further specifics, if you wish.