PDA

View Full Version : ATPL(H) time from finish theory until practice test

Aracil
24th Apr 2012, 13:19
Hello to everyone,
I want to know how many time do you have since you finish ATPL theorical until you are avaliable to have your practice test.
Iīm CPL(H) and IR(H).
Some people says this time is 7 years from your last IR revalidation; others says you maintain your ATPL all the time you have your CPL...
I found something in JAR-FCL 2.490 (year 2.009) but I donīt know if there is something new.

Greetings from Spain.

paco
24th Apr 2012, 14:04
The ATPL(H) exams last for seven years BUT you must get the IR within 3 years otherwise it reverts to a CPL(H). You have CPL(H) and IR(H) already, so this is the same as a frozen ATPL(H), without the type rating and MCC, assuming they are JAA/EASA licences

phil

Aracil
24th Apr 2012, 15:06
Thanks for your answer Paco,

I read that you can have your theoretical ATPL "valid indefinetely" but maybe this is only for people who have the integrated ATPL and for module ATPL is 7 years.

"JAR-FCL 2495 Acceptance period (26 November 2009)

(a) The approved examination of knowledge obtained in accordance with JAR-FCL 2,490 will be accepted to obtain a CPL (H) or IR (H) for 36 months from the date of approval on all required tests.

(b) approved in the theoretical knowledge examination for ATPL (H) obtained in accordance with JAR-FCL 2,490 will be accepted to obtain a CPL (H) for 36 months from the date of approval on all tests required and is valid indefinitely for obtaining the ATPL (H) if the applicant has recorded a valid type rating in the CPL (H).

(c) Provided that it has obtained an IR (H) according to (a) above, approved by the theoretical knowledge examination for ATPL (H) / IR is valid for a period of 7 years from the last date of validity of the IR (H) listed on a CPL (H) for the issuance of an ATPL (H)."