View Full Version : Dee Jay Flt Ops Partial Cleansing
23rd Apr 2012, 02:26
It seems the cathartic cleansing of flight ops was only partially successful. The former head is back on the farm, yet his sycophant in standards remains, apparently immune from prosecution, possibly empowered. Irony abounds. The former head fell from grace for approving the litany of lies, intimidation, record falsification and illegal rostering of management pilots, by aforementioned sycophant.
Despite all the investigation and soul searching the investigation missed its mark, badly. A fact which has been brought to the attention of both JB and the regulator, neither of whom appear concerned. Which begs the question "does this officially sanctioned malpractice have a place in our industry? and what recourse do the victims have?"
23rd Apr 2012, 03:17
Who are you talking about?
ALAEA Fed Sec
23rd Apr 2012, 03:26
I you have any info we could raise publically let me know. Have heard of major shortcomings in JS ops. We have a Freedom of Information request in about it.
my oleo is extended
23rd Apr 2012, 07:02
Some advice as follows:
1. For anything to stick you need cold hard evidence, all of which no doubt exists.
2. You need to produce the proof and fire it off to CASA, if need be send it from an anonymous domain. It is not CASA's preferred method because it makes it hard to investigate/substantiate or interview the informant to seek more detail. Then keep evidence that you actually submitted it. They are now aware of a safety concern as reported and if they sit on their thumbs then they are accepting risk.
3. Also, send it anonymously to your mate Borghetti and every senior executive at VA, directly to their email accounts at VA, you know what they are old friend. Again, keep evidence of the submissions. If either of the above mentioned parties try to plead dumb then at least you have the proof of their alleged ignorance.
5. Provide proof to the union(s). This is another avenue of turning up the heat on any recalcitrant, lazy ass manager who wishes to sweep things under the carpet.
4. Finally, if the regulator or anybody senior at VA do not wish to play the game then fire off everything you have to anyone with a listening ear - Ben Sandilands, Paul Phelan, hell even Senator Xenophon would like to hear of any credible evidence that relates to unsafe operator or regulatory action. Perhaps a number of media outlets such as Channel 7 who love chasing stuff under FOI will be interested in taking a look.
Makes one wonder about the airlines understanding of risk and safety if the allegations are true?
24th Apr 2012, 11:14
For what it's worth J.S., probably best to keep it under your hat and out of the public domain. My understanding is that this still has a way to go.
Just my view.
25th Apr 2012, 06:55
For those who are new at Vb can someone please expand on this.
On a recent flight, as passenger, you allegedly behaved badly and among other things ranted to passengers that, as you owned 8% of the company, could do as you wished. On that basis you should be well aware of the circumstances and persons referred to. Or perhaps you really are full of sh.t.
26th Apr 2012, 13:09
Big mistake JB. RH is one of the sharpest guys around. Airbus used to ask him about tech issues!
26th Apr 2012, 14:14
With all due respect jinglie, his technical expertise is not the issue at hand.
If you do not not have an understanding of the factors that are in play here, it's probably best to sit on the side lines and observe.
27th Apr 2012, 05:15
Thanks RATpin, fair call. I'll read on with interest.
4th May 2012, 01:16
MOIE and AFS evidence abounds which has been submitted to the authority and senior management, to no avail. As has been mentioned they both appear willing to accept the risk.
More easy to validate would be the command upgrades who have recently been cleared to line without the requisite ICUS training. Apparently due to administrative oversight. When this was first highlighted the immediate response was an intention to doctor the records. Hardly the "Just Culture" one would expect from professional management. But then again .....
4th May 2012, 10:23
Placing your faith in a pollie... Enjoy