PDA

View Full Version : CTCwings New Zealand, Australian Wings Academy or Flight Training Adelaide?

imran_x66
22nd Apr 2012, 09:19
Hi guys,
I have shortlisted theese FTOs but I am having difficulty in deciding which one to choose finally. I am providing the brief cost and course description that I received from them:

CTCwings New Zealand:

Course:Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Multi Engine Instrument Rating and all ATPL theory subjects
Duration: 18 months
Cost: $123000(I am guessing this is in NZ dollar which is about $98000 Australian dollar)
Jobs: with their experience of placing cadets in UK and strong contacts in NZ, they will do their best to facilitate your route into an airline.
Hour:200

AWA
Course:CPL/MECIR+JOC+HPA+MCC ( not integrated)
Duration: 18 months
Cost: $103000 Australian Dollar
Jobs: We assist our top graduates to find work
Hours: 230

FTA
Course:CPL
Duration: 12 months
Cost: $56000 Australian Dollar
Jobs: Can only issue recommendation
Hours: 156

I have given the details of all the course. Now, I need you feedback. Which FTO is better and offers the beast value? Which one of them have the best placement record? (I do not have Aussie or NZ PR)
Which one has the best quality of training?
Any kind of advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

GordoPA44
22nd Apr 2012, 12:54
Have you looked at the Jetstar FO cadet ship? they will be re enrolling in June its worth a shot. they use CTC and Oxford

Luke SkyToddler
22nd Apr 2012, 13:23
I see you are currently in Manchester, are you planning to fly in Europe or Australia when you've finished?

imran_x66
22nd Apr 2012, 20:41
Thank you for your reply!

I would have loved to get into the JetStar cadet programme but you need Australian or NZ permanent residency for that and I do no have that.

Yeah I am currently in Manchester. Well again, I can get into any European cadetship because of not having unrestricted right to live and work here.

So the only option left for me is self sponsored training and then get a job in small airline, build hours and then try for the bigger birds.

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Apr 2012, 00:07
If you can't work in oz / nz or europe due to work visa issues then it is obviously extremely unwise to spend any money on flight training in those countries. Especially at those very expensive schools you mentioned. They can't find you a job because you have no work permit, and it will cost you a lot more money to convert to a second licence when you go back to your home country.

What country do you intend to work in? With a name like Imran I guess you're Pakistani?

imran_x66
23rd Apr 2012, 11:23
I know what you mean.
I am a Bangladeshi national by birth. I lived in Dubai for a long time and would eventually like to end up in any of the top airlines in middle east. Well to be honest, there are no good flying schools back home and the ones that exists are of very low standard.