PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Type Rating in 6 Sim Sessions

Naples
22nd Apr 2012, 05:01
Hi,

Is it realistic for a low hour pilot with no jet experience to complete a 737NG Type rating in 6 simulator sessions than a FAA ride?

The school I'm interested in bases their price on 6 sims sessions and then a ride.

Six sessions (4 hours each I guess) doesn't sound like a lot.

So it is possible to be ready in just 6 sim sessions?

Anyone done it?

Northbeach
22nd Apr 2012, 18:01
Is it realistic for a low hour pilot with no jet experience

No, I don't think so.

With virtually no information, and if I had to guess, I would say such a program was likely designed for the person already flying the NG in the right seat without a type rating who wanted to acquire the rating.

No RYR for me
23rd Apr 2012, 07:10
It is possible if you want a cr@p pilot with no job at the end.... If you see it as preperation for a grading then it might work and then do real TR afterwards....

PIELORD
23rd Apr 2012, 08:40
Having completed a FAA 737 NG Type Rating earlier this year I thought I would reply to your post.

I think it would be possible to complete a type rating in this time but there a several factors that could influence the outcome.

Your system and procedural knowledge will have to be 100% from the first session. The amount of flying hours you have, your instrument skills and currency will also impact your progress. A Jet transition course before the type rating would be a huge help.

Your sim partner’s competence (see above) will also have an effect on your progress.

If any of these factors aren’t on your side you may need extra training, I think Boeing in Miami charge around $700 per hour:eek: for the NG sims just FYI.

Anyway I hope this helps !