PDA

View Full Version : JET2 Ground Jobs

El_Presidente
20th Apr 2012, 21:36
anyone approached Jet2 about the Ramp Agent job at Blackpool or the Duty Manager posts at East Midlands?

Any idea on salary being offered (I hate 'Competitive' and 'Excellent' - too subjective)? I know I could call HR but it's the weekend...and I'm curious (not like that)...

:ok:

tumtiddle
23rd Apr 2012, 22:47
Hey, did you find out about this at all. Not sure of the ramp agent salary, wouldn't mind a career move. Cheers :ok:

El_Presidente
24th Apr 2012, 18:32
Nope...still waiting for a reply...

:suspect:

antonovman
26th Apr 2012, 17:39
I have applied twice to Jet2 and never got an answer :ugh:

theloudone
26th Apr 2012, 19:10
Dont hold your breath people.

G-CELB
26th Apr 2012, 21:42
I've been reading these forums for ages but this topic has finally made me want to bite and register!

My other half applied for a job with Jet2 at Leeds on 22 March. She got an automated reply saying she'd get a call if she'd secured an interview and an e-mail letting her know if she hadn't. After a couple of weeks she hadn't heard so she chased it. She got an automated message saying there had been a high volume of applications and not really saying anything helpful. Since then, nothing. We fly a lot with Jet2 so hopefully their rather sloppy recruitment process isn't going to leave is with a bad taste in our mouths regarding the company.

It's fair enough leaving a vacancy open for as long as it takes to secure the right person, but this level of vagueness is disappointing. Surely some time-scales wouldn't be too much to ask... Letting folk know whether or not they've secured an interview within a certain timeframe... letting those who have secured an interview know when it will be... letting those who have been interviewed know when they'll be told if they've got the job or not.

Is this kind of vagueness typical at Jet2? It certainly is at other places where she's applied, so much so that it appears to be the norm these days.

El_Presidente
1st May 2012, 13:56
Still waiting...

To be fair I am sure they have lots of applications, but yes you do often think why would I want to work for a company who can't even get the start of your career right...?

The vacancy adverts quot salary as 'Excellent' or 'Competitive' which is just plain frustrating and surely counter-productive. I will decide if it is excellent or competitive; and based on this I will decide if I want to take time out from my busy day to tailor my CV and covering letter and apply (or just take the time to fill in an inflexible on-line application form).

:rolleyes:

750XL
1st May 2012, 22:01
A career in ground handling? :yuk:

I can guarantee that the wage will just be above the minimum wage, you'll be lucky to see more than £7.50 an hour

El_Presidente
5th May 2012, 10:14
Well, ten working days gone and still no reply - I hope their ac turnaround times are quicker...

:E

spottilludrop
7th May 2012, 12:04
I dont think they are, jet 2 generally come in at around bottom for punctuality

waco
7th May 2012, 14:53
For it is easier to contact an ailien in Area 51 than it is to make contact with Jet2's HR department......simple law of the universe.