PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie recruiting Agency called 'InWork' dodgy or not

approachchecks
20th Apr 2012, 08:06
Hi guys,

I see that there is a recruiting agency trying to look for foreign pilots to make a move across to OZ.
I am checking to see if anyone knows of them or has dealt with them?
Just be careful for now as they are wanting to charge $150 AUD for admin costs. They didnt know that a B200 was a turbo prob or an Embraer Brasillia was in fact a 120. When I question details in their dox they went on about wrong attachments etc
They do not offer roster info and say you must pay the $150 to find out and the airline wont offer this info either which I thought was very unusual. I have copied some email info from them below.

'As per my first email our new website is under construction but if you visit the old website again http://www.inwork.com.au (http://www.inwork.com.au/) and click on the International Business tab then scroll down to the heading “The process” and look at the third and fourth bullet points explain the AU$150.00.

I do apologise we have two business partners internationally Skills Provision in the UK and ACDC are our Korean partners. I accidentally attached the wrong sheet for you this morning so please ignore the first summary sheet and use the one I have attached now.

next email:

I will try and address your concerns as per your email as best I can.

The administration fee is a small charge which we ask and this assists us in developing a “Professional Portfolio” for you. It also eliminates “tyre kickers” that send their resume’s to everyone just to see what is out there. In Work does negotiate a fee with employers but that is a separate issue. Unfortunately the speed at which your resume was sent to In Work explains why some information may not have been passed onto you and I do apologise for this. Unfortunately we do not do any work on your application until the AU$150.00 is paid.

Ralph is the Director of the company and he has been in this business for at least 30. We are not a fly by night company but it is your decision if you would like to work with In Work. We are not in the business of “convincing you to work with In Work” .

and then this reply:

I think perhaps we need to start at the very beginning again.

I need you to

· Pay the administration fee

· Send in the documentation as per “The Package” that I sent to you yesterday

· We can then formally accept your application

Once we have received this we can then start submitting your portfolio. Only once a company has accepted you will they discuss the roster and renumeration etc.

I would be interested if anyone has dealt with them. They just did not know to much about aviation, especially when questioning about Sigma and Rishworth.

Be careful out there guys!!

Fly safehttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

my oleo is extended
20th Apr 2012, 09:15
Sounds like the work of a particular airline CEO in Australia!

RatsoreA
20th Apr 2012, 10:00
It is illegal in Australia to charge money to apply for employment.

This is clearly a scam.

Jethro Gibbs
20th Apr 2012, 10:37
DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING :ugh::ugh::ugh::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Keg
20th Apr 2012, 11:34
Thanks to a wonderful little website called whois.com.au

Domain Name inwork.com.au
Last Modified 20-Sep-2011 22:32:07 UTC
Registrar ID AUSSIEHQ
Registrar Name AussieHQ Pty Ltd
Status ok
Registrant IN WORK PTY. LTD.
Registrant ID ABN 40 099 996 120
Eligibility Type Company
Registrant Contact ID AHQ9IK7U852GV8K
Registrant Contact Name Ralph Hunter
Registrant Contact Email [email protected]
Tech Contact ID AHQ9IK7U85HJZGO
Tech Contact Name Ralph Hunter
Tech Contact Email [email protected]
Name Server ns1.neuvotech.com.au
Name Server IP 203.161.143.67
Name Server ns2.neuvotech.com.au
Name Server IP 60.241.58.195

A quick search of Linked in for Ralph Hunter (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ralph-hunter/17/893/221) gives this.

Not much other detail available. I wouldn't expect too much of them given the limited profile on linked in.

VH-XXX
20th Apr 2012, 13:05
If they WERE representing aviation related companies, particularly any large ones, they would be on their website as clients.

It's very like the websites for the cruise lines. Cruise lines go direct, they don't get shonky websites to do their recruiting for them.

RatsoreA
20th Apr 2012, 14:58
I'm not the hugest grammar nazi out there, but for a business purporting to be in the job of getting you a job, it's a very poorly set out website! Formatting errors, bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Like I said, it looks like a scam. I would suggest that they get people overseas to apply, who don't know that it's an offence to charge a fee to apply for a job, cos, hey, they're not even in Australia, what are they gonna do?!

triathlon
13th May 2012, 05:29
Send your resume directly to an employer.