PDA

View Full Version : Navy Lynx over Derbyshire

Captain Radar....
19th Apr 2012, 21:48
Anyone know what a pair of Navy Lynx (Lynxes?) have been doing operating over Northern Derbyshire this week? Not often you see Navy air over middle England and I wasn't going to ask but they brought back a few memories............................

PS Not often you see ANY mil air over this part of England any more! Used to be a low level stomping ground for every type we had, and we had lots!

ShyTorque
19th Apr 2012, 22:17
Probably got confused looking for the sea, due to the torrential "drought" up there.. :E

Airborne Aircrew
19th Apr 2012, 22:17
The lead is lost and number two is looking for his iPod?

Either that or they are running from a couple of teenage girls...

:E

Milo Minderbinder
20th Apr 2012, 00:29
Practicing blowing up Iranian dams at Ladybower
They have a new weapon - the bouncing Sea Skua aka The Bonxie

Bog Brush
20th Apr 2012, 07:11
Great stuff guys! :ok:

Motleycallsign
20th Apr 2012, 10:54
Everybody's got to be somewhere, and there aren't too many boats (sorry ships) for them to play off these days...................

fincastle84
20th Apr 2012, 16:00
They were probably trying to find the Nimrods at Woodford to give them directions back to mother!!!!:confused::confused:

Captain Radar....
20th Apr 2012, 20:21
Apparently there is no such thing as a stupid question.

However, there is obviously such a thing as a stupid answer, and thanks for those nice examples.

Note to self - Do try not to be such a prat.

breakscrew
20th Apr 2012, 20:29
If they knew where they actually were, then I'm impressed. Better not try inland flying during the Olympics guys!

ShyTorque
20th Apr 2012, 20:57
However, there is obviously such a thing as a stupid answer, and thanks for those nice examples.

Nine posts from joining and complaining about the banter...?

I've discovered they were probably transitting to RAF Leeming. Does that make you feel happier?

Captain Radar....
21st Apr 2012, 07:51
Thanks Shy T,

I should have known better to than to post what looks like a spotter question here, I don't generally like saying stuff that doesn't matter. Sorry about the complaining about the banter banter.

However, your helpful answer allowed me to find out what they were doing, curiosity sated, I'll get back in me box.

Fincastle 84, funny you should mention Nimrods, if we still had them they would surely have been playing as well at some stage.

I go now.

fincastle84
22nd Apr 2012, 10:06
My heart weeps at the thought of what the government did to my beloved Nimrod.:D

I spent 23 years of my young life on board the "Mighty Hunter", including several weeks at Woodford flying with the BAe test pilots proving the air worthiness of the self defence systems for the 1st Gulf War.

Once I dry my tears I'll get back into banter mode.

NutLoose
23rd Apr 2012, 11:38
Blimey, 23 years.... now let's say that is a possible 365 pie days in a year, but everyone knows the RAF do not work weekends, so that leaves you with a potential of 260 pie days, multiplying that by the factor of 23 means you must of munched your way through close to 5,980 pies, not allowing for leave and leap years.......... :p

fincastle84
23rd Apr 2012, 18:03
Actually I worked more weekends than anything else because I can't stand Mondays! Forget the pies, I consumed vast quantities of curries & Dairy Cream Sponges!!:O:O

NutLoose
23rd Apr 2012, 18:11
:ok: