PDA

View Full Version : CRI(A) as a Registered Facility (Ref: IN-2012/071)

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
19th Apr 2012, 19:02
Has anyone tried to get Registered Facility status as a one-man band (or Feral CRI as Irv Lee would say), without dedicated aircraft, accommodation or airfield?

Having received the IN-2012/071 notice, I’m wondering if anyone else has already gone down this route. I have a CRI(A), so do PPL training other than ab-initio. This amounts to instructional hour, tailwheel conversion and NPPL (M) to (SSEA) etc. Looking at SRG 2188, my present set up would leave a lot of empty boxes on the form.

I’ve tried to send an e-mail asking for confirmation of the requirements before sending off my £102. Their dedicated address ([email protected]) keeps bouncing the e-mail back, so I sent it via ([email protected]). Given recent experience of their speed of reply, I’m not holding my breath.

Any thoughts or guidance from those who have already been down this path would be most welcome.

Safe Flying,
Richard Warriner.

BillieBob
19th Apr 2012, 19:21
The Information Notice relates only to training for the issue or renewal of EASA licences and ratings. There is no requirement for the hour with an instructor, (for revalidation and not renewal), or for differences training to be conducted within an ATO. Neither is it relevant to any part of the NPPL, which is not an EASA licence.

The reason that your e-mails are getting bounced is probably that the address is wrong - it's ltsapprovals (as in licensing & training standards) and not Itsapprovals

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
19th Apr 2012, 20:03
Hi BillieBob,

Many thanks for the info. It looks as if I can save my £102...

Also thanks for the e-mail address stuff; I couldn't see what I was doing wrong.:confused:

Safe Flying,
Richard W.