PDA

View Full Version : SMART at BRS

Elmo757
19th Apr 2012, 16:19
Hey everyone!

What does everyone reckon is the chance of SMART by Servisair taking over the EZY contract at Bristol? There's many different opinions about it at the actual airport but nobody seems to say whether they'll think it'll happen or not?

Thanks!
Elmo757 :)

speedbird_481_papa
22nd Apr 2012, 10:17
No chance what so ever in my eyes! My mate who works for Menzies at BRS just got Easyjet base of the year 2011 and he reckons Menzies are on course to get it this year as well! :ok:

The96er
22nd Apr 2012, 22:03
No chance what so ever in my eyes! My mate who works for Menzies at BRS just got Easyjet base of the year 2011 and he reckons Menzies are on course to get it this year as well!

I'm afraid that means nothing anymore in this game. If SMART or anyone else for that matter is prepared to do it cheaper, then the airline will move. It's as simple as that.

GRIZZLER
23rd Apr 2012, 08:30
I left Servisair STN last year after doing nearly 29 years...Servisair bent over backwards to give Thomsonfly and Firstchoice good ground handling...even brake riding so we could tow the aircraft....we had the bags to the belts in the 40 mins they wanted...most of the time it was a lot less.

What slowed us down was.....when we got to the undercroft Servisair always had to call on intercom and wait for a belt number...Swissport and Menzies where always on the screen day or night.

We lost both contracts to Swissport who some nights where never even there to meet the planes and when they did it took them sometimes an hour and half to offload,let alone dump the bags.

BUT THEY ARE CHEAP AND THEY WON THE CONTRACTS.....MONEY TALKS.

Gee08
2nd May 2012, 17:05
Smart wil take alot of EZY contracts from Menzies simples...cheaper worse service...deal. Look at MZE GLA for e.g. top of the network most of the time the announcement went like this "guys great work for being top of the network again, but Smart has undercut us by 20% and for us to beat it we would not make money in a safe environment" However a do think if Menzies can build on there relationship with BA across UK then that would be more income money than EZY a would guess?

Waving_tug_boy
2nd May 2012, 17:54
Actually the reason Menzies lost ezy in gla was Menzies across the board signed a new contract with ezy with several conditions and small print that Gla refused to sign.

kazzie
2nd May 2012, 20:52
Wasn't that new contract already in place? ie. Menzies tale responsibilities for all delays?

It's sad to see the GLA team split down the middle. I'm sure the same will happen again in 3 years.

Waving_tug_boy
4th May 2012, 15:19
As far I am aware all stations signed a new contract end of last year with ezy apart from gla who refused (I can see why btw what a fantastic deal!) so ezy jumped at the chance to smart who was more then happy to sign such a contract. I can't substantiate any of this it's just the talk I've heard.

STN Ramp Rat
4th May 2012, 18:11
I think the EZY situation is different from most airlines, the management are highly focused towards the on time performance, I also believe that Easyjet also have a framework contract in place with Menzies that covers more than just the UK.

I am old enough to remember when Britannia had a similar deal in place with Servisair, there was always one station outside the deal for whatever reason. It used to be Birmingham and then when Servisair Birmingham won Britannia Servisair Newcastle lost it.

In summary I believe it’s up to Menzies who looks after EZY in Bristol

Gee08
10th May 2012, 17:56
Tug boy, Glasgow did sign for what u are referring too. it was just a change of conditions and when they conditions got changed the staff bonus structure was also changed to reflect if MZE lost bonus the staff would lose there's...Simples. it was all about the moolah and not the OTP as MZE Gla was at top most weeks

Gee08
10th May 2012, 17:57
P.s. Menzies suck ass and treat staff like animals

speedbird_481_papa
11th May 2012, 08:23
Work for Menzies then?? Apparently if you think Menzies treat their staff bad, it's nothing compared to what SMART is like, cheaper ground handler cheaper staff moral with no bonus structure as far as I'm aware either. Plus, Menzies at BRS treat staff very fairly in my eyes and staff seem always happy! Can't say much about ramp side of ops but whenever I have spoken to them, they have always seemed happy also.

Yes they have their moans and groans about Menzies but who doesn't about their employer?

Waving_tug_boy
14th May 2012, 02:59
P.s. Menzies suck ass and treat staff like animals

I have heard that before ;):rolleyes:

Work for Menzies then?? Apparently if you think Menzies treat their staff bad, it's nothing compared to what SMART is like, cheaper ground handler cheaper staff moral with no bonus structure as far as I'm aware either. Plus, Menzies at BRS treat staff very fairly in my eyes and staff seem always happy! Can't say much about ramp side of ops but whenever I have spoken to them, they have always seemed happy also.

Yes they have their moans and groans about Menzies but who doesn't about their employer?

Is it not an ex mze top boy in charge of gla...

Gee08
23rd May 2012, 09:25
They are all as bad as each other....SHORT STAFFED COST CUTTING BANDITS! LOL

speedbird_481_papa
24th May 2012, 07:24
Hahaha very true gee!!!! Even though Menzies at BRS have recruited, we are just about back to the same staffing levels as when the last winter season started! Shocking, when the summer season at BRS has started 2 months earlier than norm! Easyjet giving us an extra A320 and using it straight away about 2 weeks ago!